engine warning light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine warning light

I been having the engine red warning light come on when the engine is above idle but no green turbo light. I checked the fault codes and I have 4 flashers “coolant temp sensor?”
    I have tried to reset the EDU by, removing the relay, but when but when I rechecked the codes it was back to 4 flashers so what do I do next?

Originally posted by gonzo9112
    I been having the engine red warning light come on when the engine is above idle but no green turbo light. I checked the fault codes and I have 4 flashers “coolant temp sensor?”
    I have tried to reset the EDU by, removing the relay, but when but when I rechecked the codes it was back to 4 flashers so what do I do next?
    Disconnect the battery for at least 15 minutes.

Thats if you have fixed the fault though.

Cheers

Comment

gary

check the plug on your boost sensor fixed to the air filter housing on 2.4 td not sure where it is on 3.0L though.

Comment

After several trouble free weeks the red engine fault light is coming on again! I have rechecked the fault codes and it again shows 4 flashers (coolant temp sensor) its reset ok I have cleaned the connecter to the sensor and went for a short run no problems, is it worth changing the sensor, and if so where do I get one?

Comment

After several trouble free weeks the red engine fault light is coming on again! I have rechecked the fault codes and it again shows 4 flashers (coolant temp sensor) its reset ok I have cleaned the connecter to the sensor and went for a short run no problems, is it worth changing the sensor, and if so where do I get one?
          Which sensor are you checking?On the 2.4 there is another sensor on the block near starter motor.I have not found it on mine yet so cannot tell you exactly where it is.This I am told is the one connected to the ECU.Its function is to tell the ECU the engine temperature and this controls the amount of fuel supplied.More fuel is needed when engine is cold and if not working will over fuel when hot.That's the info I have on it anyway.

Neville

Comment

thanks i will go and have a look for it

Comment

Could not find the sensor near the starter motor! Anyone know where it is? The light came on again but when I lifted the bonnet one of the sensors in the thermostat housing had broken off I unplugged the bit that was left and the fan now runs all the time so I think that it’s the fan switch and has nothing to do with the red fault light

Comment

Could not find the sensor near the starter motor! Anyone know where it is? The light came on again but when I lifted the bonnet one of the sensors in the thermostat housing had broken off I unplugged the bit that was left and the fan now runs all the time so I think that it’s the fan switch and has nothing to do with the red fault light
                You are right.Neither will register a fault.One is as you say for the fan and the other is temperature gauge.I wish I could find the other sensor as well.May need to replace it myself one day.

Neville

Comment

Hard to get at.

This is what I think your looking for.
                  Attached Files
                  Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

Originally posted by rubblebags
                    This is what I think your looking for.
                    Thanks Geoff

Will check that out.Not where others have said it is.

Neville

Comment

SORTED well almost !

THANKS ALL
                      I have now changed the correct temp sensor and, at the moment, no more red engine fault light!
                      The problem I now have is Toyota cannot find a part number for the broken fan switch it doesn’t even show one fitted only a switch in the radiator can any one help with a part or drawing number?

Comment

rad fan switch

Still no luck at Toyota has anyone got a secondhand red fan switch?

Comment

Working...
                        X