Fuel Tank and Sender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Tank and Sender

I have a strange thing happening with my fuel tank which I'm not sure if it is normal or not ? When filled up I get around 200kms to the half way point and then only 100kms in the bottom half !. Is this normal or is something wrong with the sender/float etc. The last half of the tank drops quite fast but the top half takes ages ?????

Andy. 92 2.4td ssrx

Mine's the same, and to be honest it's been the same on every car I've ever had.

Cheers

Comment

yep mines the same.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Mine too - my lorry does the same.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

yep mine too i think it is because when you fill up you wait for the pump to not allow any more it to the tank and if you look at the gauge at that point it is ay off the top of the scale, what you could do is fill it right up and then take the float and sender out and bend the arm so it reads just full then when it goes down it should do it a bit more eavenly but you might run out of fuel befor the gauge will.
          so much to do , so little money , so little time

Comment

Mine to, last 1/4 on ther gauge goies really quickly! (even for a petrol 4Runner!)
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks all, it's nice to know there all the same, worth a try though ! Thought i could have another 20 ltrs hiding in there somewhere !!

Andy.

Comment

mine does 75 miles for every quarter tank... needle drops evenly all the way... is mine broken?
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
                  mine does 75 miles for every quarter tank... needle drops evenly all the way... is mine broken?
                  usually the needle falls slower from full to half than it does from half to empty for some reason
                  [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
                  [size=5][/size]
                  [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

No your just lucky it seems pretty accurate all the way to empty.
                    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                    My choice
                    Back off

Comment

I agree with you mine drops evenly , so it must be a 3rd gen improvement .

Comment

Originally posted by Andy W
                        When filled up I get around 200kms to the half way point and then only 100kms in the bottom half !.
                        Mine does the same, except I get 200 miles to the halfway point, you must have a lead right foot
                        [color=darkorange]
                        [font=Comic Sans MS][size=3]Nick
                        1994 3L Turbo. Manual. SSR-X Limited[/size][/font]
                        [/color]

Comment

You're the only one to reply with a 3rd gen, probably a different shape tank or sender.

**EDIT, oops, didn't notice andys reply on page 2, DU'H! **

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                          X