Light on Auto gear selector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light on Auto gear selector

HI on the 3rd gen surf should the auto gear selector be illuminated when the lights are on. Mine is totally dark and you cannot see what gear is selected. If it is the a bulb please could someone tell me where it is situated so I can change it. All the other panel lights seem to work fine

thanks
    Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

The answer is yes but I have no idea how to get to the bulb. I think someone asked this a few weeks ago but i can't find the post at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
      The answer is yes but I have no idea how to get to the bulb. I think someone asked this a few weeks ago but i can't find the post at the moment.
      on a similar topic...
      is there any adjustment on the selector?
      mine is slightly out so when in D, the orange marker is slightly out of view.
      which isn't a problem, just a bit niggly cos it's not quite right!
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

3 d

dabigman its in 3d so when you drive ya surf you wear them coloured glasses and it straightens out
        black n tan
        black n tan
        yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

Originally posted by slydog
          dabigman its in 3d so when you drive ya surf you wear them coloured glasses and it straightens out
          i wondered what they were for! cheers!

are they affected by traffic lights?
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Thanks, will have to start searching for the wires which I might be able to trace to the bulb. Unless anyone got a manual that shows where it is?
            Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

Comment

I've just had a quick look at my haynes manual and it looks like you have to remove the cover and side panels around the gear stick to gain access to the bits below. Sorry can't explain more - got to go out and I'm running late!
              Cya later

Comment

Hi, I've just goy my second generation surf and the bulb was gone on the automatic selector.
                First I had to unscrew the 4 screws holding the front part of the console(around the selector and Hi/Lo stick) Then I had to unscrew the two screws holding the rear part on over the rear air control unit. This enabled it to lift a couple of inch's so I could remove the front part. Try unplugging ECT switch then just lift over automatic shifter.

I then went on to undo all the bolts to the shifter, but found after its not neccesary. about 2/3 from the back underneath, theres a little plastic holder with two wires running from it. Unscrew anti clockwise and Hey Presto, its out. Pretty simple really. Bulb is from hafords £1.69, Get the brightest that fits.

I know its a different model but it cant be that dis-similar, Can it???

Hope its of some help.

Sam

Comment

Hi, I've just goy my second generation surf and the bulb was gone on the automatic selector.
                  First I had to unscrew the 4 screws holding the front part of the console(around the selector and Hi/Lo stick) Then I had to unscrew the two screws holding the rear part on over the rear air control unit. This enabled it to lift a couple of inch's so I could remove the front part. Try unplugging ECT switch then just lift over automatic shifter.

I then went on to undo all the bolts to the shifter, but found after its not neccesary. about 2/3 from the back underneath, theres a little plastic holder with two wires running from it. Unscrew anti clockwise and Hey Presto, its out. Pretty simple really. Bulb is from hafords £1.69, Get the brightest that fits.

I know its a different model but it cant be that dis-similar, Can it???

Hope its of some help.

Sam

Comment

Working...
                  X