Algys autos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Algys autos

There is a very nice looking 3.0 SSRX surf on algys autos web site, does anyone have any experience with dealing with this importer?http://http://www.algysautos.com/surf15.html

Originally posted by Adrianbadboy
    There is a very nice looking 3.0 SSRX surf on algys autos web site, does anyone have any experience with dealing with this importer?http://http://www.algysautos.com/surf15.html
    errrr... that link dont seem to work m8

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Sorry, try this

http://www.algysautos.com/surf15.html

Comment

yep getting my surf from ALGY it,s just got out of the dock,s been for MO just need paper,s fom custom,s to reg it but will keep you up to date on progress and conditon of surf He,s been spot on up to now lot,s of photo,s

Comment

Yep, nice motor, but the spares different.

Comment

A few questions RE; this dealer. Do you get a warranty with the vehicle? Can you test drive it before you buy? Dont seem to be mentioned on the site. The vehicle description in the headline is different to the write up, ie ssrx, and ssrv ltd, so just was is it? Intercooler on an L reg??
            The price, 6 and half grand on an L, is about the same as other dealers are offering for simmilar vehicles already on their forecourts. This is just a random example from Auto Trader.
            http://www.synergycars.co.uk/_synergy.htm

Maybe one of the guys who import would like to comment on the wording in their import scheme.
            http://www.algysautos.com/Import_Scheme.html

I am not trying to put you off Algy's, they may well be a good firm to deal with, I'm just saying have a good look around.
            Good luck, Pete

Comment

Not sure the intercooler was on that early model, also wheres the intercooler intake, thought they had a scoop on the bonnet. Stand to be corrected though.
              Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
              My choice
              Back off

Comment

Originally posted by TAZMAN
                Yep, nice motor, but the spares different.
                Does it matter??? - I've got 5 spoke alloy on my 'runner and an original Toyota wheel as my spare.
                NO WORRIES!
                Rusty

Comment

er?, call me stupid, but how do they work out their maths. As far as I am aware and I stand to be corrected, you pay the price of the vehicle, you pay shipping £500-£600, you pay 10% import tax on the lot and then pay 17.5% on the total, so I don't see how its any different if you are a personal importer??

If they are saying you pay £3000 for the vehicle alone, then pay 10% import duty on £3000 = £300. Then 17.5% on £3000 = £525

Total = £825
                  You've still got to add your shipping, approx £500-£600 quid, so your still paying £1400-£1500 quid ???

You are still paying the same amount of duty, its just that the dealer is recouping some by putting the price up.

I just whipped through autotrader and tend to agree with Pete, theres a few on there the same price if not cheaper

good luck ..............hope it goes all ok.

From the little bit of knowledge I have, I wouldn't expect an intercooler that old.

.......................but then I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by rusty
                    Does it matter??? - I've got 5 spoke alloy on my 'runner and an original Toyota wheel as my spare.
                    Yep, it does to me, but I guess I'm a fussy bug*er, it's got to look right not made up of bits and pieces..

Comment

Originally posted by Fieldsy
                      er?, call me stupid, but how do they work out their maths. As far as I am aware and I stand to be corrected, you pay the price of the vehicle, you pay shipping £500-£600, you pay 10% import tax on the lot and then pay 17.5% on the total, so I don't see how its any different if you are a personal importer??

If they are saying you pay £3000 for the vehicle alone, then pay 10% import duty on £3000 = £300. Then 17.5% on £3000 = £525

Total = £825
                      You've still got to add your shipping, approx £500-£600 quid, so your still paying £1400-£1500 quid ???

You are still paying the same amount of duty, its just that the dealer is recouping some by putting the price up.

I just whipped through autotrader and tend to agree with Pete, theres a few on there the same price if not cheaper

good luck ..............hope it goes all ok.

From the little bit of knowledge I have, I wouldn't expect an intercooler that old.

.......................but then I'm probably wrong
                      A quote from Algy:
                      In addition to the SVA test, Algy also insures that each of the cars he sells has been thoroughly checked over. If there is a need for any work - whether mechanical or just cosmetic - Algy uses the services of a local garage to undertake the repairs.

"I can do all of this here in Cyprus where the standards are incredibly high," he says, adding that the cost of repair work is much lower by far than comparable work in the UK. As a result, he says, "I can pass on considerable savings to my customers."
                      Once Algy's cars are back on the next Yuwa ship and on their way to the UK, customers have a choice of delivery methods - either going to the port themselves to collect the car or having it delivered to their door.

"Either way they are going to save money by using my services," he says, "but they'll save about £1,000 in taking delivery themselves. To make it even easier, I ensure that they have all the right paperwork to sail right through the process."

As said, this is a price with a saving

My 4x4
                      My choice
                      Back off

Comment

As well as an intercooler it also say's that it has a sunroof,cant see any sign of either,and the 2nd gen doesn't have the cooler anyway.

The import duty and VAT are charged on the total amount,this includes shipping fee's insurance and port charges this end,also shipping charges have gone up to about £650 per vehicle.

It also doesn't say what year the vehicle is only L-reg,so if it's 1st reg was after sept 93 it could be 10yrs old,and not require a SVA test.

Average price I would say.

Comment

Thought I would ring up and enquire about that motor. So for the best part of 2 1/2 hours today I tried the number on the site, UK sales.
                          Got a message saying,
                          'You are being forwarded to the voice box of the subscriber you are calling,
                          then got lots of bleeps, then the line goes dead.
                          Now I know you can e mail them, leave a name and number and someone from the sales team will ring you back within two hours (usually). Me personally, If I can't ring up and speak to someone on the end of the phone and have to e mail them and wait for them to ring me, then it just doesn't work for me.
                          Maybe I am wrong and the lines out of order, just reporting my findings.

My 4x4
                          My choice
                          Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
                            Not sure the intercooler was on that early model, also wheres the intercooler intake, thought they had a scoop on the bonnet. Stand to be corrected though.
                            It may have a front mounted intercooler, saw this on another site the other day - basically mounted where the AC rad is on yours.

But you can't hide a sunroof so the whole thing sounds a bit suspect.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
                              But you can't hide a sunroof so the whole thing sounds a bit suspect.

Cheers
                              Yes you can it's in your garage waiting to be fitted.

Comment

Working...
                              X