yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3rd gen cambelt change "How to" with pic's.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timing Belt Diagram

Thought this might be helpful.

Comment

Bit of a thread revival but I found this very useful, my timing belt is now changed with no issues at all. Took about 45 minutes all in, nice easy job!

Comment

Originally posted by TurboHatchback View Post
        Bit of a thread revival but I found this very useful, my timing belt is now changed with no issues at all. Took about 45 minutes all in, nice easy job!
        Looks easy enough but I just the garage to do mine when myfront axles were been rebuilt.

Comment

re cam belt change

just done mine today gen 3. followed all the steps and all good, only issue i had due to my error was i dropped one of the 10mm bolts off the tensioner,and to the life of me could i find it " hell no " even took the engine cover plate of the bottom and still no joy apart from that all good. big thanks to si

Comment

Originally posted by IanB2 View Post
            I did not realize you could leave the fan and everything else in place to do this, thanks for the writeup!
            How does cambelt cover come off with bottom pulley and belts fitted? Surely this is on motor with no belt cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Arkamelis View Post
              just done mine today gen 3. followed all the steps and all good, only issue i had due to my error was i dropped one of the 10mm bolts off the tensioner,and to the life of me could i find it " hell no " even took the engine cover plate of the bottom and still no joy apart from that all good. big thanks to si
              It's good to know after all these years that I'm still helping out fellow surfers, even though I'm surfless
              If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Working...
              X