No announcement yet.

Suspension/body Lifts Info!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would (did) make the holes about 2mm bigger than they needed to be.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
      I would (did) make the holes about 2mm bigger than they needed to be.
      I did that too. I put 12mm holes in the brackets I made but the two side bolts, under the front wheel arches didn't afford me any play. It leaves about a 15mm gap from a side view so I then maintained that gap all round so that it was even. I suppose you could elongate those holes a little for adjustment.

While I'm here, does anyone have a dimensioned drawing of the panhard drop bracket?

Comment

Originally posted by Bonk View Post
        I did that too. I put 12mm holes in the brackets I made but the two side bolts, under the front wheel arches didn't afford me any play. It leaves about a 15mm gap from a side view so I then maintained that gap all round so that it was even. I suppose you could elongate those holes a little for adjustment.

While I'm here, does anyone have a dimensioned drawing of the panhard drop bracket?
        This came from next door. Ref id: 57. Mine was made from this drawing.

http://daemon4x4.org/portal/downloads.php?dcid=13
        " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Awesome, MWS

Comment

I can't open that file on my iPad. Would someone be kind enough to post the actual drawing please?

Comment

Originally posted by Bonk View Post
              I can't open that file on my iPad. Would someone be kind enough to post the actual drawing please?

I've made about ten brackets using this drawing......
              http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/attachmen...3&d=1105209485

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                Thanks. That's spot on.

Comment

My body lift was a complete kit and included the brackets. even the holes on those brackets were a little too large to allow for adjustment

Comment

.........Yes, you're welcome.
                    " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      May I be as bold to ask....how much you charge?

Comment

I extended my panhard bar. haven't had any issues with it.

Comment

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I am struggling to get a clear picture of what needs done with 2" rear suspension lift

I have got the 2" springs and 2" shocks here from roughtrax and just about to go and fit...you may be able to help with a few questions....

I have searched through the various threads on this lift and this big thread but it has confused me even more as the likes of this thread states you need to drop pan hard, disconnect all brake lines and lsv and more to fit the suspension but then later in the thread is seems to say that you don't need to do any of this.

My questions are...

Can I simply jack the 4runner up and remove springs with clamps and remove shocks without doing anything else?

Is there going to be an issue with this pan hard rod throwing the back out of alignment with a minimal lift like this?

Do I have to do anything with the lsv apart from adjust once the new suspension is on to get the balance right?

I'm going up to start this stuff now so will probably find out the hard way lol

I appreciate any advice that helps clear this up

Comment

i done the shocks and springs first, then a while later (a year?) done the rest,

once done the lsv i did noticed a difference on braking, about the panard rod its just if you like things straight, otherwise it wont make difference (you arent doing 4" or more to really need it)
                            the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Body lift 3rd Gen

Caution should be given to a body lift on a 3rd Gen. Even a 1.5" lift will stretch the vacuum pipe below the air filter housing and you will need to re route the tight pipe to avoid breaking the fittings.

Comment

I found out the hard way lol....although when I say that it was pretty straight forward.

Just to clarify for future readers when fitting the 2" lifted springs and shocks from roughtrax you can simply jack it up and let the rear axel hang and yoU should then be able to remove springs (with clamps) and shocks without disconnecting anything else :-)

Can someone clarify if I actually need to adjust the lsv now I have lifted springs?

Comment

Working...
                                X