Headlight warning chime - no sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight warning chime - no sound

Last night some toe-rag decided to break into my Surf and steal the radio and Satnav... They also pulled away the dash a little by the drivers door and now the headlight warning chime and door chime no longer work.

Does anyone know where the headlight chime is, how it works and whether its related to the door chime? I'm not so bothered with the door chime but I would like the head light one working again. There is no obvious damage behind the dash, so, I'm guessing its a loose wire, but its awlfully hard to see behind the dash.
    Last edited by asgawth; 2 October 2007, 13:23.
    Regards,
    Andrew
    G0RVM

Both are triggered by the door courtesy light switch, so it's possible that the switch was broken or disconnected and isn't connecting to earth when you open the drivers door.

Oh, and bad luck with the break-in. Bristol is getting to be a pain for this lately. Best to make sure your Satnav isn't left in the car and get a double din radio, as there is far less of a market for them and they are far harder to remove from the car as they are bolted in to the dash framework.
    Last edited by Tallyman; 2 October 2007, 13:10.
    Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by Tallyman
      Both are triggered by the door courtesy light switch, so it's possible that the switch was broken or disconnected and isn't connecting to earth when you open the drivers door.

Oh, and bad luck with the break-in. Bristol is getting to be a pain for this lately. Best to make sure your Satnav isn't left in the car and get a double din radio, as there is far less of a market for them and they are far harder to remove from the car as they are bolted in to the dash framework.
      Thanks for the info. I am starting to get that nasty feeling the dash is going to have to come off
      Regards,
      Andrew
      G0RVM

Comment

Working...
      X