Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto box slow to change

Hi all,
    My 1993 SSR-x 3.0 Auto seems to take a long time to change into top gear.
    When the engine is cold I am doing 50mph @ 2250 rpm but when the engine is up to normal temperature I'm up into o/d (60mph @ 2000rpm) any ideas?

Originally posted by steveo999
    Hi all,
    My 1993 SSR-x 3.0 Auto seems to take a long time to change into top gear.
    When the engine is cold I am doing 50mph @ 2250 rpm but when the engine is up to normal temperature I'm up into o/d (60mph @ 2000rpm) any ideas?
    have you checked the fluid level / condition??
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I think that you are mistaking the overdrive with the torque convertor lock up, this will happen at around 55mph, get it running at around 45mph and switch the overdrive on and off a couple of times.

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
        have you checked the fluid level / condition??
        In for full service on Saturday.....

Comment

Mine's the same overdrive kicks in about 52 mph but won't kick in until certain temp reached.
          Don't think anythings wrong, though I may be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Valleys boy
            Mine's the same overdrive kicks in about 52 mph but won't kick in until certain temp reached.
            Don't think anythings wrong, though I may be wrong.

I'd say mine drops in at around 53MPH. I changed my Auto oil a few weeks ago, and put 2 bottles of Slick50 auto transmission treatment in the box. She definitely seems to change gear smoother, and seems to change a bit earlier, so decreasing the engine revs in each gear, saving a bit of juice.

http://www.slick50.com/

Comment

The overdrive will kick in at much lower speeds than quoted, i still think your all feeling the torque convertor locking up, this happens around 55mph.

You cant all have the same problem, suggest you try what I posted in the earlier thread.

Comment

Working...
              X