replaced bad injectors, no power now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by young-gunn View Post
    Truck still isn't a power house by any means. Still seems sluggish until the turbo hits about 10 psi. Going to look into timing but there's not much more I can see any problem with. Engine swap is starting to sound good already, so sick of this engine.
    Are on standard running gear?
    And what are you comparing it to?
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

It's an automatic trans, with 5.29 axle gears and 35" tires. My friend had a similar truck with 4.88s and it was noticeably more powerful. Off the line or when towing.

Comment

Having same issue, but with low end torque.
        Put reco injectors in and although it starts much better it's gutless now.
        Have turned up the pump for a bit extra power but that adds more black smoke.
        I'm thinking the old injector pump can't handle these reco injectors????
        My pump has a slight leak on top where the fuel line goes in/out but not excessive.
        Any ideas?
        4yrs and 2 surfs later...

Comment

if your running 35" tyres on a 2.4 you will find its sluggish.Even a 3.0 wont be as great as a truck on 33's.When was fuel filter last done and a fuel cleaner put through.If there's a leak on the pump then that wont help either as you'll be getting air in the fuel system aswell.
          In order to run large tyres you need to have the truck running right.It's no good fitting big tyres when there's a known problem already
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Hey storm, wrong person.
            Fuel filter was done maybe 4000 ks ago and I ran 2 bottles of injector cleaner straight to the pump before I the reco ones were installed.
            4yrs and 2 surfs later...

Comment

Working...
            X