yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going for it...A lot of advice will be required.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a good point, shokenore He sounded so confident I thought it had been confirmed. But reading back...nope...it's a hunch.

Fingers crossed for you, Sparkie

Comment

Keeping everything crossed so far Sylux. It was the same with the 2.4 head. Not noticed any external water leaks, trust me, I've looked. Will have a good look next week whilst I have it off road for front shocks, brakes and ball joints doing. Going to underseal at the same time and change tranny fluid. Busy week!
      Last edited by Sparkie67; 27 June 2013, 21:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkie67 View Post
        Keeping everything crossed so far Sylux. It was the same with the 2.4 head. Not noticed any external water leaks, trust me, I've looked. Will have a good look next week whilst I have it off road for front shocks, brakes and ball joints doing. Going to underseal at the same time and change tranny fluid. Busy week!
        Hi,

Sounds like a busy week planned.

Mind if I ask what your intending to underseal?

just that my experience of underseal on body/chassis is it traps water and increases rate of corrosion....just my 2p

A.

Comment

Ok, so the donor car, Soarer, is now road legal whilst I tackle the head on my Gen 3..
          I can't wait to get the engine in the Surf.
          I must admit for a 22 year old motor the Soarer is comfy, doesn't rattle, takes bumps and potholes with no fuss. I was quite surprised actually. See how many points I can get in the next month.....

Comment

Might be easier to put the Soarer engine in the Mk3?

Waiting to see Vince do one of these (that one with the dragon on the bonnet)
            Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Best crack on with your head then

Comment

Originally posted by J i m s t e r View Post
                Might be easier to put the Soarer engine in the Mk3?

Waiting to see Vince do one of these (that one with the dragon on the bonnet)
                There is already a 3rd gen with a V8 in the uk
                VVTi too

Soarers are cracking cars, I had my first one back in 2000... no one knew wht they were back then either, great sleeper.
                More Lift.
                More Tyres.
                More Engine.

Comment

Done it yet?

Comment

Not yet. Been busy getting my daily runner back on the road, with lost brake calipers etc it's been fun. So been using the Soarer whilst it was laid up. Now comes the question, do I keep or scrap the Soarer, yes it needs some cosmetic work in and out, and the engine box appear to run ok.
                    Now that the bad weather is here the project is on hold unless I can get a large double garage or workshop for cheap in Huddersfield, it's not much fun working on the drive......
                    Or sell both and buy a converted truck already.

Comment

Now the nice weather has arrived I can carry on. Bumper, nudge bars and trim off. When I get to lift the engine and box out, hopefully within the next couple of weeks, what do I actually need to leave behind. I've noticed most people remove the aircon pipes and ancillaries. What about the power steering pipes, do they all stay?
                      Caravan should be away soon so more room to manouvre with engine hoist.
                      Do I leave the transfer box in place or lift the job lot on the box?

Many thanks
                      Andy
                      Attached Files

Comment

Just for those who maybe interested.
                        Can't fault Japanese engineering. Took Soarer for MOT, straight from drive after jump starting, not been moved for a while.
                        Anyway, it passed after having a rusty brake line replaced. Advisories on rear brake pads and wheel bearings. Mind you, last owner did drift it sideways round tracks.

Comment

Quick question, if the body isn't lifted, will the new engine and gearbox still fit or is it just too tight between bulkhead and chassis. was hoping to keep it standard height.
                          Thanks

Comment

Hi,

I didn't fit the engine myself so can't offer much advice I'm afraid, however, mine is standard height.

The steering stabiliser has been removed and the sump has to be chopped around the main steering rod. Also the air con rad and its bash plate (originally a 2.4, so mounted underneath) have gone.

There's almost enough space between the firewall and the motor to get a hand down there, so I've always assumed height was the issue rather than anything else.

Comment

PROJECT SHELVED. Do i sell the truck as a base for a project or sell as spares. Going to sell the Soarer as a whole entity as well unless i get silly offers then break that as well.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Is the truck complete?

Comment

Working...
                                X