Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.0ltr KZN185 Tork/Torque settings on head bolts

Hi

Just bought a new head from ebay £400 to the door and I'm in the middle of fitting it but I cant find my Surf bible its all straight forward so far but I need to know how tight I should tighten the head bolts.
    I did think of using the colour tork settings technique but since I've paid out so much I best do it properly,
    So do any of you know the correct torque/tork settings for head bolts on a KZ1-TE 3.0Ltr engine in my 3rd Gen surf,
    Thanx
    Pony

Originally posted by petepony View Post
    Hi

Just bought a new head from ebay £400 to the door and I'm in the middle of fitting it but I cant find my Surf bible its all straight forward so far but I need to know how tight I should tighten the head bolts.
    I did think of using the colour tork settings technique but since I've paid out so much I best do it properly,
    So do any of you know the correct torque/tork settings for head bolts on a KZ1-TE 3.0Ltr engine in my 3rd Gen surf,
    Thanx
    Pony
    They don't use torque as a final setting they are angular
    on the 2.4, it's a torque nip of 56 mn? then two pulls @ 90 degrees,
    I used tippex, on bolt head and cylinder head, but i'm not sure on
    the 3.0l sorry.

Gman.
    If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

If i've read it right, Cylinder head bolts = 400kg-cm, 29ft-lb, 39Nm.

It then says to tighten a further 90 degree's on each bolt in sequence and then a further 90 degree's again, each bolt in sequence.
      Last edited by Shalershasker; 7 October 2009, 19:25.
      Neal

Comment

This previous post might help:

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad+bolt+torque

Comment

Pete i am down loading a document and going to send to you in a mo witha ll you need
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Shalershasker View Post
            If i've read it right, Cylinder head bolts = 400kg-cm, 29ft-lb, 39Nm.

It then says to tighten a further 90 degree's on each bolt in sequence and then a further 90 degree's again, each bolt in sequence.
            That's the one!!

Gman.
            If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

Hi guys
              A big thanx to you all, Im off now to the garage armed with your info and a can of beer or 2
              Thanx again
              Pony

Comment

tourqe settings

is it not on the back end of rocker cover like the2.4.just got my beast back from the head doctor.:

Comment

Originally posted by petepony View Post
                  Hi

Thanx
                  Pony
                  If you got your head off ebay not too tight!
                  Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                  Tony

Comment

Pete has had his head done back in October when he last posted
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                      Pete has had his head done back in October when he last posted
                      could be a good one then....Ooops (must check dates)
                      Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                      Tony

Comment

Working...
                      X