Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo light

Another newbie question...

Does anyone know if there is a turbo warning light on the dash on a Surf?
    The ony one I have seen is in the centre of the speedo which lights up green when accelerating or driving at hi-speed on the motorway.

There is another light next to it which shows an engine symbol and says 'check'

The 4runner manual states there is a turbo warning light in the centre of the speedo. If this comes on whilst driving, you should slow down until the light goes out and have the vehicle checked asap.
    It says the other light is a malfunction indicator for petrol models????

Any clarification would be helpful.
    Ian
    One day my paranoia will go away!

Originally posted by icsys
    Another newbie question...

Does anyone know if there is a turbo warning light on the dash on a Surf?
    The ony one I have seen is in the centre of the speedo which lights up green when accelerating or driving at hi-speed on the motorway.

There is another light next to it which shows an engine symbol and says 'check'

The 4runner manual states there is a turbo warning light in the centre of the speedo. If this comes on whilst driving, you should slow down until the light goes out and have the vehicle checked asap.
    It says the other light is a malfunction indicator for petrol models????

Any clarification would be helpful.
    the green one comes on when the turbo kicks in
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

I had assumed that was probably the case as it is almost impossible to drive wthout this coming on. I just needed clarification for peace of mind.
      Ian
      One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

mine is on almost all the time as well, but still the work it got through last week pulling the caravan, and four adults ( three of which are xxl ) ther doesn't seem too much wrong with it.
        BIG D
        ITS NICE TO BE IMPORTANT, BUT ITS MORE IMPORTANT TO BE NICE,

Comment

Originally posted by big d
          mine is on almost all the time as well, but still the work it got through last week pulling the caravan, and four adults ( three of which are xxl ) ther doesn't seem too much wrong with it.
          kicks in around 2000rpm not sure where it goes off
          [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
          [size=5][/size]
          [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Is this light apparent on all models including my 3rd gen, cos I 've been up to a ton on motorways and had no green light telling me turbo is kicking in??, but all is driving fine

you got me worried now

Comment

Originally posted by Fieldsy
              Is this light apparent on all models including my 3rd gen, cos I 've been up to a ton on motorways and had no green light telling me turbo is kicking in??, but all is driving fine

you got me worried now
              only fitted to 1st and 2nd gen models, 3rd gen has enough idiot lights without it light comes on at approx 1 1/2 psi boost
              jim.b.

1990 SSR LTD 2LTE auto
              1985 SR V8 4.4 litre manual

Comment

phew!, thanks Jim, like you say its like a bloody christmas tree when you turn on..................and no!!!, there ain't no fairy on the top!!

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
                  the green one comes on when the turbo kicks in
                  sure it's not an economy light? lights up when you're driving most economically?... like the green band on a rev counter?
                  that's what it does on the 2.2 toyota people carrier thingy (can't remember what it's called!)(possibly emina)

checked today and it's a 2.2 td gl previa estima emina!!... think someone's been out with their sticker book!
                  Last edited by dabigman; 27 September 2003, 21:12.
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                  X