Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing belt change

Hi All,
    my timing belt is due a change (I'm at 103,000km) and i poped into the local toyota dealer who didnt want to contimanite their workshop by working on an 'import'. they have given me details of a manchester based guy called I an who they recommend. A member perhpas or if not has anyone any dealings with him. he will come to my house to do the work.

on a seperate not to anyone looking for a surf ther is a cracking one for sale near me which i spotted out cycling on sat. its a 1998 and is up for 5400approx. looked very nice. if it a member on here hope u get a good price as it look well kept

Originally posted by fergus
    Hi All,
    my timing belt is due a change (I'm at 103,000km) and i poped into the local toyota dealer who didnt want to contimanite their workshop by working on an 'import'. they have given me details of a manchester based guy called I an who they recommend. A member perhpas or if not has anyone any dealings with him. he will come to my house to do the work.

on a seperate not to anyone looking for a surf ther is a cracking one for sale near me which i spotted out cycling on sat. its a 1998 and is up for 5400approx. looked very nice. if it a member on here hope u get a good price as it look well kept
    Hi Fergus give Stevo a try here... http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/members_p...evo/index.html
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

guy called I an who they recommend.
      Thats an odd name.......

Your dealers have done you favour, you'd only get shafted for their labour rates.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

sorry the name should have read ian, second name is Blease. he sounded like he knows his stuff but am still a little weary of someone coming to the house to work onthe surf-prefer to take it to a physical premises-although thats not nay guaruntee that the work is any better. hes quoted £100-is that about the norm for such a job.?

Comment

sorry the name should have read ian, second name is Blease. he sounded like he knows his stuff but am still a little weary of someone coming to the house to work onthe surf-prefer to take it to a physical premises-although thats not nay guaruntee that the work is any better. hes quoted £100-is that about the norm for such a job.?

Depends on what engine you have, it only takes half an hour to change the belt on a 3 litre, but half a day on a 2.4.

Comment

Working...
          X