Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another coolant question

Hi
    maybe this is a bit of a daft question but.....,can you top up red coolant with green coolant?
    Powered by ????

I think this was mentioned a while ago, and it was said that different coolants shouldn't be mixed. Make sure first, you could get BROWNed off!!
    Pete

Comment

its worth flushing it out new rad cap & thermostat, new anifreeze jobs done all should be fine
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by RobD
        Hi
        maybe this is a bit of a daft question but.....,can you top up red coolant with green coolant?
        its a good idea not to mix it as there are different sorts which should not be mixed, but if its the same it wont matter, apart from the colour red & green make
        [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
        [size=5][/size]
        [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Word of Warning

Just be careful what you put in there. The Toyota recall notice for the cylinder heads specifically states that the original head gaskets failed as they reacted with certain antifreeze types.

If you have a ferret around on here or the Aussie site you may be able to find out more.

http://pub12.ezboard.com/ftoyotasurfdownunderfrm17

I would also be wary of using engine flushing treatments, as you could well be washing away the coating that is plugging any leaks?

The rad should be reverse flushed and descaled though, and has already been mentioned the rad cap and thermostat. Having said that, I haven't touched mine on the basis that if ain't broke then don't fix it!

Cheers

Rob G

Comment

I Think it well worth a mention on all of these oveheat cracking heads etc type questions that
            When any coolant is removed for any reason to make sure the rear heater is turned ON YES ON when refilling as I amongst many I am sure have forgotten to do this and got an air lock caught up in the system which may bite your bum at a later date!!!!!!!

Comment

mmmmmmm me thinks the same, if your having no problems don't mess with it, I have done 5000 miles or more since I got mine 2.4 92 with no probs.
              I have bought all the fluid, cap, belts and thermostat, but they are still in the box, I have changed the oil / fuel filter and and oil, thats good enough for me, seems like all the guys that have changed all these items have had trouble.

Comment

Working...
              X