Need help asap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help asap

Took the glow plugs out notice one has the tip snapped off its fresh break so must of snapped as I was taking it out. Now it has falling thru the hole. Would it be sitting on top of the piston? Would it cause problems or should I take the head off?
    Need to use the car tomorrow so kinda desperate
    Thanks lads

head off job.
    they are ceramic so i'm not sure if there will be enough metal in it for a magnet to work (assuming its even in one piece) and they are hard enough to stuff the piston/rings.

bit of a common problem with 1kz's, glows are meant to be replaced every 100 tho regardless as they are prone to braking the tips off..

Comment

Exactly what I thought. Started to take head off yesterday it's a pain as I just done all the belts and Cambelt. Oh well il finish the job tomorrow after work just need to get head gasket and bolts. Any other gaskets I would need ??
      Thanks for the reply

Comment

I consider my self lucky in 2006 I had the same thing happen on my ole 2.4, I was aware that the tip may break off.
        I very carefully inserted a very small screwdriver into the tip carefully breaking it up into smaller fragments & refitted the glow plug.
        Started engine up on idle & heard lots of particles (sounded like frozen peas in a saucepan) entering /leaving turbo on their way out off the exhaust ...
        Good Luck
        FYI.
        This not advisable ...

14+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !! so I bought another ..
        Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 29 July 2015, 10:37.
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Hahaha brilliant.
          Well it's all done so I'm happy she's back on the road. Just want to buy another one now for the wife.

Comment

Well done Bud ...

14+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !! So I got another ....
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Get a small tube on to the end of a vaccum cleaner(tape whatever) and suck it out. Done this many times with this issue.
              Peter.

Comment

Working...
              X