yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Toyota steering wheels interchangeable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Toyota steering wheels interchangeable?

Will it fit? Are all Toyota steering wheels the same fitment?

Looking to change mine as I think its horrible. Aftermarket ones look tacky in my opinion. I am looking at a L Cruiser one at the moment.

I would like this answer too. Would like a LC steering wheel with radio controls.

Will the airbag work thow?

Comment

That is a more difficult answer, I doubt the surfs have complicated air-bags so it might be straight forward.

Comment

I have fitted my OMP wheel to my gen 2 using a celica GT4 boss I had from my old ST185

perfect fit and all the indicator cancel functions work fine etc

Comment

some one has also fitted a celica steering wheel to mine before i bought it

Comment

I'll let you guys know how I get on in a bit...

I intend to fit my LS400 wheel to the Hilux, but haven't really looked at it yet.

it has phone/dash controls which I tend to rewire to use as stereo control and gearshift up/down.

It also has cruise control that I doubt I'll be able to refit!
            More Lift.
            More Tyres.
            More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
              I'll let you guys know how I get on in a bit...

I intend to fit my LS400 wheel to the Hilux, but haven't really looked at it yet.

it has phone/dash controls which I tend to rewire to use as stereo control and gearshift up/down.

It also has cruise control that I doubt I'll be able to refit!
              ... in a bit!
              the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Oh,

LS400 wheel fits the surf just fine..

Also MR2 steering wheel fits the LS400.... I also know celica and supra and MR2 steering wheels are interchangeable, so I'd say mods Toyota wheels will be interchangeable!

To keep airbag functionality, I also kept the LS400 spiral wire steering wheel thing. (It also caters for the extra switches on the wheel)
                More Lift.
                More Tyres.
                More Engine.

Comment

I have a KZN130 Gen 2 surf and I fitted an MR2 mk2 leather steering wheel. It is a straight swap and keeps the Toyota logo too. No airbags on Gen2. Picked it up on eBay for £24

Comment

Working...
                  X