Steering Hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering Hose

Can anyone help me out with one of these please. I'm on holiday at the moment and stuck on the marina with no way of getting out to source this part.

It's the hose that comes out of the steering fluid reservoir and is held on by two 'pincer' type clips.

2nd gen

Mine sprung a leak today and has left me stranded.

Money for part and postage is not a problem, just let me know how much and I can either PayPal it or bank transfer, whatever suits you.

If nobody has one, could anyone suggest a quick fix until I can get the right part?

A length of garden hose will work as a temporary fix to get you home.
    The fluid isn't under pressure in that section of hose.

Comment

Thanks Vince.

Comment

Got this sorted now. Thanks again to Vince with the quick fix, that got me about for a few days.

I bought a metre length of 12mm id hydraulic hose. It's a little bigger than the original but this makes it easier to fit. The old one was a pig to get off and I ended up slitting it with a Stanley knife. You'll need to hold it on with jubilee clips though because being slightly larger, the original clips won't do the job.

It cost a fiver and the job appears to be a goodun'.

Ps. A little tip, don't be tempted to buy 3/8 id, you'll never get it on.

Comment

Working...
        X