yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A weekend without incident! But still issues please help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
    Ive seen us reverse up hills when it gets really tricky.
    Its nearly 2 in the morning step away fa the drink and go to bed.
    Save the hangover for Friday
    Brian

Comment

Posting from my phone on nightshift. Lol.
      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

I drove mine hard offroad and only had a diff mishap when towing in mud. I don't want to sound harsh but could it be your driving style perhaps causing your misery, slow and steady is usually the best way, gunning the truck spins those big wheels and when they spin+bounce it's normally very hard on driveline components.
        What Allan said
        Broke a few shafts with my hashy driving style, but for the fun factor i cant see me changing my style

Comment

Ive seen us reverse up hills when it gets really tricky.
          See I tried this to!!

The problem seems to come when 1 front wheel loses traction normally at the "summit" or over uneven exits and instantly starts to wobble and bounce.

I'm guessing the suspension and big wheels are the cause but how do you approach steep climbs???

Comment

GUN IT!
            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

GUN IT!
              That leads to that horrific noise and the front diff breaking hahaha

One front wheel breaks loose, que flapping and bouncing and booooooom

Comment

supra diff is a good solution, but you need a 5" bracket suspension lift on the front to make it fit without the diff sticking below the cross member.

Where abouts in norfolk are you?

Comment

Originally posted by sjoe View Post
                  supra diff is a good solution, but you need a 5" bracket suspension lift on the front to make it fit without the diff sticking below the cross member.

Where abouts in norfolk are you?

An even bigger lift, damn it

I'm in Thetford, I see you're a Norfolk resident to

Comment

yea im in the stalham area.
                    I have done the supra conversion on my truck with a reasonable amount of success, but i have yet to come up with a DIY solution to the driveshafts.
                    I have broken about 5 spliced shafts since the conversion and am now at the point of thinking i need to get some made
                    if you ever find yourself in my neck of the woods feel free to drop in and have a look.

Comment

Originally posted by sjoe View Post
                      yea im in the stalham area.
                      I have done the supra conversion on my truck with a reasonable amount of success, but i have yet to come up with a DIY solution to the driveshafts.
                      I have broken about 5 spliced shafts since the conversion and am now at the point of thinking i need to get some made
                      if you ever find yourself in my neck of the woods feel free to drop in and have a look.

Tell me more of this conversion you speak of haha

I need to do something to stop me eating diffs!!

Comment

most of the information is on Oz site.
                        i found it quite diffucult to find a diff to do the transplant but stumbled across a cheap supra close by so bought the whole car.

I had previously fitted a 5" rough country suspension lift to my truck.

Instead of creating entirly new mounts i cut the crossmember out of the supra and welded it to the front cross member of the surf.

I had a spare crossmember from one of the 4 replacement front diffs i had previously put in my truck so i modified one to accept the rear mounts of the supra diff, i also braced these with some box section to the original mounting points on the chassis.

fortunatley my prop shaft cleared the sump so i did not have to modify that and it just bolted straight up to the pinion shaft of the supra diff.

then its just the small matter of sorting out driveshafts, which i have tried splicing many times but have not yet managed to master, so i think i am just going to have to bite the bullet and get some made.

bear in mind that you will need to change the ring and pinion to ensure you have the correct ratios to match your rear diff, the supra gears are interchangeable with the gears out of the rear end so i bought a 2nd hand diff to take the gears out of.

Comment

Would a SAS not be a better option?

It would probably be a similar cost, you wouldn't need to do the bracket lift, you would get your 8" front diff and you should have a much more capable truck off road.

Comment

Working...
                          X