X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vince

Hi buddy amazing lexurfs love em!!!
    Reading these threads are so addictive!
    I read on a thread that you offer a loom wiring service and I was wondering if you would be interested in wiring a loom for me?
    I'm sure you are very busy on another lexurf though.
    Does anyone else know if this is something vince offers?
    Thanks
    ALL THE GEAR!............no idea!

Comment

• Vince,

I've been offered a free runaround that is quite a bit cheaper to run than the Lexus, so as and when you have the space it's all yours.

A pain I know as only got it up to scratch recently.

Cheers,
      Ali

Comment

• Are you selling it or giving it to Vince to fix up the ECU with the supercharger?

Am interested as I still have my V8 lying around and need to get a hang in my head of how the supercharger section will work!
        ======
        Just gotta finish doing the next mod...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kwakka666 View Post
          Vince,

I've been offered a free runaround that is quite a bit cheaper to run than the Lexus, so as and when you have the space it's all yours.

A pain I know as only got it up to scratch recently.

Cheers,
          Ali
          ?????????????
          the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

• I realise this should really been in the general section, but the LS400's are great cars so swapped some wheels for a 1994 to run around in until IX was done.

But rather than selling it on, Vince can use it for a future project.

RE: The Supercharger, no clue how this will work. Very much a case of "all the gear, no idea".

Got a S/C, Manifold and an uncut blanking plate here. A full rotating assembly is coming from Lextreme, but they recommend the block be rebored so that's what will happen.

Comment

• Vince (or Kwakka): Could you tell us a little more about the V8 manual tran adapter kit?

Seems a few suppliers (inc an Aussie one). But would like to hear your thoughts, where you got it from, and how much extra or less hassle it is.

Thanks

Comment

• From Ladyboy land.... (Not sure if the flywheel comes with the ring gear though)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1uz-1uzfe-...item3f2a76337a

I know of a couple of guys over here using this kit and seems fine.

Or from hamburger land.............

http://www.1uzfeswapkit.com/Rxx-Seri...-0000-0018.htm

Seems better quality and uses an adapter to use the stock Lexus bellhousing plus a good (complete) flywheel.

Neither are difficult to fit.
                Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 24 October 2013, 23:57.

Comment

• Not cheap!

The aussie one I was looking at was just an adapter plate you use with the 1UZFE's bell-housing...but obviously just a fraction of the story!

Cheers Bushwhacker.

I need to jump in so this doesn't become a dream lost. May still do, like! But nearly a grand (well £700) to convert the V8 to use the manual is pretty huge.

Comment

• Oops...just saw your edit

Comment

• Think I agree that the US one looks more complete. Bookmarked

Sorry to hijack the thread Kwakka!

Comment

• Personally, I think the auto 'box/1UZ combo is better suited to a vehicle like a Surf, but definitely a manual 'box/1UZ in something closer to the ground though.

Comment

• Closer to the ground is the opposite of what I'm doing

Comment

• Now I know this is an old post but I have just got my hands on the exact same bumper and am I desperate need of an idea/pictures/measurements of how to make up a winch tray for it! It came with the standard steel mount but nothing to mount a winch on and I'm really struggling to get it sorted!!

Do you know what model tjm bumper it is? As I can't find any info about them!

Any help would be massively appreciated

Dan

Comment

• I used one of these.......
                              http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Winch-Moun...item43cb3b8fe3

And welded it to the bumper's steel mounting bracket so the bumper is seperate from the winch. i.e. fit the winch/tray/bracket assembly first then fit the bumper over the top.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                                From Ladyboy land.... (Not sure if the flywheel comes with the ring gear though)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1uz-1uzfe-...item3f2a76337a

I know of a couple of guys over here using this kit and seems fine.

Or from hamburger land.............

http://www.1uzfeswapkit.com/Rxx-Seri...-0000-0018.htm

Seems better quality and uses an adapter to use the stock Lexus bellhousing plus a good (complete) flywheel.

Neither are difficult to fit.
                                When we did the V8 MkII supra, we used the castlemaine hotrods kit... (from the convict colony) it was mated to a R154, but I believe the mount pattern is the same as the Hilux Manual.

my next project I have in mind will need a V8, and a manual box... in a surf chassis...
                                More Lift.
                                More Tyres.
                                More Engine.

Comment

Working...
                                X