my egr removal/blockoff plates have arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my egr removal/blockoff plates have arrived

my mate has just dropped round my custom made egr removal/blockoff plates that i asked him to make, my plan is that the egr pipe is not needed so does not need to be on the engine since ive blocked it off anyway.
    So my mate has made me some 6mm stainless steel laser cut egr removal/blockoff plates, then he tells me hes actually made 12 sets of them for me and can make me as many as i want as he has them all plotted into his computer at work,
    i will get pics up later of the plates, and if i get chance at the weekend i will take pics of them being bolted on,
    so if anybody is interested in some 6mm laser cut egr removal/blockoff plates then let me know , im thinking of £7.00per pair which includes postage
    they are designed for my 2.4 ssr-x, but im not sure if the 3.0l surf has the same egr pipe on it, if it is the same then they will obviously fit the 3.0l as well (im sure someone will know if they are the same
    animal

Last edited by animal; 18 December 2007, 22:17. Reason: add pictures
    PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Originally posted by animal
    then let me know , im thinking of £7.00per pair which includes postage
    I'd be up for a pair of those.. they look sweet!

Comment

I'd be up for for a pair and am willing to try them for my 3.0lt

Let me know how you'd like payment

Comment

you can just pull pipe off one end n fold it over n clip it folded does the same job

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
          you can just pull pipe off one end n fold it over n clip it folded does the same job
          Aye. I've done that, and it helps.
          But I'd like to get rid of the EGR's exhaust duct and valve (the UFO near the bulkhead & the exhaust-pipe section below it). It was a total pain to get at the starter motor because of it... and it'll give me somewhere nice and warm to put a fuel heater!

P.S. How's Skull doing?

Comment

Originally posted by cataclysm
            Aye. I've done that, and it helps.
            But I'd like to get rid of the EGR's exhaust duct and valve (the UFO near the bulkhead & the exhaust-pipe section below it). It was a total pain to get at the starter motor because of it... and it'll give me somewhere nice and warm to put a fuel heater!

P.S. How's Skull doing?
            skull still dead at min m8 im waiting to see if n when stormy can help me sort it

Comment

Yeah, but you'll be amazed how much extra room you have without all that junk around. Plus if you have a stuck open valve, this is the only option apart from replacment EGR.

I've made these plates for trucks as and when I've needed them, its a tidy way of doing it.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                Yeah, but you'll be amazed how much extra room you have without all that junk around. Plus if you have a stuck open valve, this is the only option apart from replacment EGR.

I've made these plates for trucks as and when I've needed them, its a tidy way of doing it.
                hmmmmmmmm do mine next time i bring skull up plz m8

Comment

OK
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by animal
                    my mate has just dropped round my custom made egr removal/blockoff plates that i asked him to make, my plan is that the egr pipe is not needed so does not need to be on the engine since ive blocked it off anyway.
                    So my mate has made me some 6mm stainless steel laser cut egr removal/blockoff plates, then he tells me hes actually made 12 sets of them for me and can make me as many as i want as he has them all plotted into his computer at work,
                    i will get pics up later of the plates, and if i get chance at the weekend i will take pics of them being bolted on,
                    so if anybody is interested in some 6mm laser cut egr removal/blockoff plates then let me know , im thinking of £7.00per pair which includes postage
                    they are designed for my 2.4 ssr-x, but im not sure if the 3.0l surf has the same egr pipe on it, if it is the same then they will obviously fit the 3.0l as well (im sure someone will know if they are the same
                    animal
                    You got a PM m8.

Comment

i was about to say that but you beat me to it,
                      i originally did the cable tie jobby on mine and it made no difference, ask apache about my smoke screen in the snow, lol
                      but since ive blocked off my egr completely, its basically stopped the smoke all together

Comment

Yeah, but you'll be amazed how much extra room you have without all that junk around.
                        Any info on which vac pipes go where for complete removal?

Comment

right if anyone wants a pair then payment can be sent to
                          animal969@hotmail.com then i will post them out asap

i have 12 pairs sat here but can easily get more made up instantly

animal

Comment

cheers mate paypal sent.
                            Tim
                            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I will take a set off your hands to if you still heve some!!

Comment

Working...
                              X