windscreen misting up!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windscreen misting up!!!!!!!!!

Is there a mechanical arm that directs the air flow to ducts below the windscreen. I press the windscreen button, the light goes orange but no air comes up to clear the screen, just blasts out of centre two vents in middle of dash.
    Has anyone heard of this or know about a fix??

you can mail me rob@veiner.freeserve.co.uk

Thanks

sorry dont know a fix but i get the same problem so would be interested myself
    ex Burgundy 2.4 owner

Comment

steamy windows

I also suffer from really steamed up windows on my surf is there anything you can treat the windows with to stop them all from misting up the fan seems to struggle to clear them
      thanks
      Mark

Comment

As a quick fix, cut a (raw) potato in half and rub over inside of screen. That's a trick from the days when cars didn't have demisters, or heaters for that matter.
        Mike G

Comment

There are "mist repelling" sprays and such you can get from Halfords etc but I have always found them to be pretty crap - when they start wearing out after a few days things just seem worse - bad misting/condensation and bad visibility.

Personally I find a good clean window (cleaned with just normal household or automotive window cleaner) tends to mist up less anyway, personally I rarely have any probs, sometimes have to put the air-con on for a bit to help clear a misty windscreen on damp days.

If your car is damp inside (leaky sunroof or whatever) then this can cause problems with misting.
          No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Can't see your way

Hi just had a look at your post behind the dashboard of your surf you will find an electronic control unit which sends a signals to mechanical reachet shutters it is highly unlikely that there is a problem with the mechanical components you will find 99.9 percent of the time that it is the control module, but it doesn't stop there as there are to different sorts one controls all actions from one unit and the other has two modules.
            Warning this is a real bitch of a job and if you are going to investigate yourself you will need all of the following :
            *good sense of humour
            *advanced tool box
            *engineering background for making the tools that you can't buy
            *about 3 years at yoga classes to help you hang upside down for hours on end in a 2 inch gap
            WARNING AGAIN DO NOT TAKE IT DOWN TO YOUR LOCAL GARAGE AS THEY WILL NOT HAVE A CLUE AND CHARGE YOU LOADS TO EVENTUALLY TELL YOU SO. Depending on where you are we could work something out for me to do it for you, you can bell me on 07780 521 883.
            Chin up dude it isn't all bad you could just hold your breath they tell me that it becomes easier after the first 10 mins.

Comment

quick fix for you undr the dash in the drivers footwell on the left there is some white arms that control the flow of air they can be moved by hand it is a little fiddly at first but they dont need loads of force they will move have you blower running when you do and each time they move check to see where the air flows from i know this as my heater matrix sprang a leak and when i changed it i left off the relevant cable that pulls on these by accident and only noticed when i had rebuilt it so now i just have it set to screen and it works fine . hope it helps
              if aint gone pop yet chances are it will

Comment

Originally posted by Tallyman
                As a quick fix, cut a (raw) potato in half and rub over inside of screen. That's a trick from the days when cars didn't have demisters, or heaters for that matter.
                Another trick is to polish the inside of the screen with Fairy liquid. Its hard work to polish away, so don't use too much - but it works!

Comment

You may even find that one of the two flexible pipes from the fan unit to the windscreen vents has come off or is missing.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                  X