Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check Engine Warning Light

Hi all,

wondered if any of you guys could help me with a problem I have.

I've got a 2.4 '93 SSR-X that I bought 2 years ago. I've recently (last week) had the cylinder head changed (surprise surprise).
    Engine now runs real smooth now with no smoke billowing from the exhaust.
    The probelm is that my CHECK ENGINE light is now coming on. I did the diagnostic check that has been listed on other forums and I get 4 flashes (coolant temperature sensor).
    I disconnected the batteries for 15 minutes, checked the diagnostic again and it came up with one flash (normal). Problem solved I thought !! Drove around for 20 minutes or so and the CHECK ENGINE light came on again. Re-check of the diagnostics proved 4 flashes again.

Do you think it's a dodgy sensor or possibly a loose connection ?? I've seen a picture in a previous post that the sensor that triggers this fault code is actually near the block on the passenger's side. Is there a way of checking this sensor out without removing half the engine again ??

I'd be grateful for any help !!

Cheers

Eamonn son

try

just pull of connection block to sensor make sure its clean and then push on tight also make sure the little pins aint bent might just be a bit of dirt good luck
    I,LL GO FIRST NO PROB
    (i also juggle dynamite)

Comment

Its a coincedence its after doing the head, look for a broken wire or loose connection on the sender, or the sender may have got a whack and be busted.

How is you coolant temp, its OK?
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks for that fellas !! Just confirmed what I suspected (I hope)

The actual coolant temperature seems fine. It never boils over and the temperature gauge remains at normal operating temp. no matter how long the engine's been running for.
        The problem is, do I have to take most of the upper right hand side of the engine off to get at the sensor or is there an easier way of going about it ??
        I can see the wire going to the sensor and can just about wiggle it about but can't actually get to the sensor. Looks like alot of effort (again) just for a loose or dirty connection !!

See attached photo from another post about the sensor
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X