3 VZ-E Engine Running badly when warm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 VZ-E Engine Running badly when warm

I have got a Toyota Hi-Lux surf 3.0 V6. It broke down some weeks ago now and it has been in my local garage awaiting repair!!

They have replaced the distributor cap and rotary arm with all leads and sparks, and it runs. (Cold) lovely.

Although when it warms up it runs like a old heap. They have also change the fuel pressure regulator valve which improves running but not by much.

I have tried to ask several garages but no one can help. If anyone with any advice can help it would be much appriecated. My mobile number is 07866 366053 please feel free to call me anytime.Or reply to this posting.

Have you done a diagnostic check and looked for fault codes to give you a clue?

Things like the O2 sensor or airflow meter could do it. Also a cracked dizzy cap/split leads produces this sort of thing.

At tickover, or slighty higher revs to make the miss more obvious, you can pull the leads off one at a time as see if one cylinder is playing up.

Try taking the cat out as well.

Is this a new problem after it broke down, or the same problem it went in with.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      Have you done a diagnostic check and looked for fault codes to give you a clue?

Things like the O2 sensor or airflow meter could do it. Also a cracked dizzy cap/split leads produces this sort of thing.

At tickover, or slighty higher revs to make the miss more obvious, you can pull the leads off one at a time as see if one cylinder is playing up.

Try taking the cat out as well.

Is this a new problem after it broke down, or the same problem it went in with.
      Hi thanks for the advice,
      Having diagnostic check today, but engine management light doesn't indicate a problem.
      Will try O2 sensor, have been running engine without sections of the exhaust to eliminate that including the cat. What is cracked dizzy cap/split leads? I have replaced distributor cap and all leads for new.
      This is a new problem after braking down, the car had been running lovely and just changed the fuel filter around 5 days previous, so not sure if that had anything to do with this???
      Thanks for the advice will post any update.
      Mike

Comment

Have you checked all the vacuumhoses for leaks? That engine has a lot of vacuumlines which are known to cause problems. Happend to me also.
        I have an workshop manual of that engine but that exact problem isn't covered.
        Since you do not get a troublecode I bet it's not EFI of Ignition related.
        Most likely vacuum or PCV hoses/valve.
        What's the last time the fuelfilter was replaced?

Comment

Originally posted by eurorunner
          Have you checked all the vacuumhoses for leaks? That engine has a lot of vacuumlines which are known to cause problems. Happend to me also.
          I have an workshop manual of that engine but that exact problem isn't covered.
          Since you do not get a troublecode I bet it's not EFI of Ignition related.
          Most likely vacuum or PCV hoses/valve.
          What's the last time the fuelfilter was replaced?
          Hi
          There doesn't seem to be any leaks on the vacuum hoses but l have just changed the water temperature sensor to the EFI (seats right behind engine in the centre) and as it warms up it runs alot better. Fingers crossed that has fixed it!! But I am going to check all hoses again and not travel to far away from home just in case!

The fuel filter was changed a couple days before braking down.

Will let you know what happens next.
          Thanks for the reply
          Mike

Comment

Got the engine runnning well now after changing the water temperature sensor to the EFI.
            On tick over it is a little lumpy, so will have to fix that next.
            Thanks to people who gave there advice.
            Mike

Comment

Working...
            X