National Threat to Green Lanes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Threat to Green Lanes

Have you all seen the article on the front page of the new "Landy" paper?

THE VERY FUTURE OF ALL GREEN LANES COULD BE AT RISK!

Please consider joining the Green Lane Association (GLASS) to bolster numbers and the "fighting fund".

Your support both financially and actively is essential to show the anti 4x4 lobbyists that Offroading and Greenlaning boosts the economy and that we probably outnumber the numbers of the Ramblers and other Associations.

The GLASS guidelines show how we use the lanes in non damaging ways and encourage our members to preserve these ancient rights of way.

We intend to follow progress of the Bill through Parliament to ensure it is not hijacked in the early stages of its course by the Anti 4x4 Groups

Copies of the "Landy" are available from all "Britpart" parts suppliers.

Jim Hancock
    GLASS DEVON REP
    www.lanestracksandtrails.co.uk Devon Rep GLASS

I've not spotted this, what's the gist of what they're trying to do?

They've closed 2 near me just last month, raises my blood pressure it does.

Comment

They are trying to finish off where NERC failed, but the anti 4x4 groups will try to say there is no need for vehicular access on byways thus downgrading them. This will happen in the early stages of the bills passage through legislation and may happen without anyone noticing because the bill will be in its infancy and not in the public arena!

SO JOIN UP WITH GLASS AND KEEP YOURSELF INFORMED

Comment

Thanks Jim,

I'll look at joining up once i get paid....I might need reminding

Hows things going for your guided tours?

Comment

Thanks Andy - I'll try to remember to remind you.

Guided tours are going well, bookings coming in for events right through to November. you must join us for one soon!

Comment

Yeah please do..

Would love to fit one in, now I'm back in a Surf too...

I'm down "camping" 18th - 21st April...Kingsbridge area...

Comment

I'll see what dates are in my diary for that weekend

Comment

just to add the letter from LARA and the parlimentry legislation to show people this is a very real and serious threat

House of Commons

Notices of Amendments

given on

Thursday 13 March 2014

For other Amendment(s) see the following page(s):

Deregulation Bill Committee 44-49

Public Bill Committee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deregulation Bill

Mechanically propelled vehicles on unsealed roads: removal of burdens

John Hemming

NC3

To move the following Clause:—

‘(1)
                Within one year of the coming into force of this section the Secretary of State

shall lay before both Houses of Parliament a report containing an assessment of

the burdens and costs caused by the use of mechanically propelled vehicles on

unsealed rights of way to—

(a)
                the users of such rights of way,

(b)
                landowners, and

(c)
                other interested parties.

(2)
                A report under subsection (1) shall include—

(a)
                proposals to alleviate such burdens and costs, and

(b)
                an assessment as to whether legislation should continue to permit

mechanically propelled vehicles to use unsealed rights of way.

(3)
                The Secretary of State may through regulations implement any proposals

contained in the report under subsection (1).

(4)
                Regulations made under subsection (3) shall be made by statutory instrument.

(5)
                A statutory instrument under subsection (4) shall not be made unless a draft has

been laid before and approved by both Houses of Parliament.

(6)
                The Secretary of State shall not issue a report under subsection (1) until he has

consulted with such interested parties as he thinks fit.’.

http://www.publications.parliament.u...03a.51-56.html
                http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

Small minded

So for example, my father who can't walk too far due to a serious illness- he can't ride a horse and he can't ride a bike, so just how will he be able to see the countryside without tarmac in sight?

Comment

Its the same story with any motorsport orientated hobby in my experience. If its not in a regulated (read costly) arena then its going to be causing someone offence.

In these days of people getting put in prison for facebook updates driving a vehicle down a track is almost enough to get a flogging.

I used to be part of a number of motor scenes and they all have their legal issues. You cant go onto any race track with an exhaust over 103db pretty much due to 'local complaints'.... These people bought a house next to a racetrack and complained about the noise.... Mind boggled.

Never forget the spoilsports powers of petty aggression towards anyone trying to have some good honest horsepower fun.

It is upsetting as I have just wandered into the 4x4 scene and see that its seriously under siege. I'll get a membership come payday as there is not point having the tools without the place to use them....

Comment

Working...
                    X