mp4a woes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mp4a woes.

I recently ditched the cd/radio in the truck and have gone all mechless.
    Wasn't the worlds most expensive unit but the sound is full and deep not chav rattling the door cards but pretty much better than I hoped for, and a vast improvement on the previous unit.

After having the whole dash out to do some mods general wire tidying and finding out something a bit worrying (no check engine lamp) the dash and surround are now back in.
    Now come the time to actually use the stereo.

The head unit has a sd card slot, which will be easier to use than plugging in my iPod.
    Here comes the problem
    the head unit can read the songs via the iPod but not via the sd card.

So do any of you know what software I can download to convert my library from mp4a to mp3.
    The online versions are impractical for 20+ gig of music.
    Most importantly the software should not have any malware goodies hidden away.
    Don't really want to spend hours getting rid of crap off my pc.

Ta
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Haven't used it in a while but remember "AnyAudioConverter" being quite good. As you say may not be the best for large amounts but worth a try.

Comment

Pretty sure iTunes does this.
      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Yeh, it does.

Here
        Alan

Comment

Another option is dBpoweramp - freeware and you should be able to download a plugin to do that exact conversion, without having to use the hateful iTunes.
          Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys.
            The software suggested now appears to come bundled with "3rd party promotions"

iTunes version 10.9 or whatever it is now won't let me change to mp3 and has to be probably the most hated of all the software that I have to use.

Back to the search.

I don't know how I cope sometimes with all my first world problems.
            Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post

I don't know how I cope sometimes with all my first world problems.

Listen to the fu**ing radio like everyone else.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                Listen to the fu**ing radio like everyone else.

Have you listened to the radio lately?
                In these here parts I have the choice of banal Heart FM constantly churning out the dire sh!te from Cyrus and Bieber et al.
                Or Radio One , old man Radio One trying their best to be down with the kids.
                Or the local stations with their morning phone ins with sad old coffin dodgers complaining about the bins

Hence the need for an alternative that won't actually turn me into a mindless zombie.
                Joy of joy would be satellite radio with the likes of Sirius installed.
                Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
                  Have you listened to the radio lately?
                  In these here parts I have the choice of banal Heart FM constantly churning out the dire sh!te from Cyrus and Bieber et al.
                  Or Radio One , old man Radio One trying their best to be down with the kids.
                  Or the local stations with their morning phone ins with sad old coffin dodgers complaining about the bins

Hence the need for an alternative that won't actually turn me into a mindless zombie.
                  Joy of joy would be satellite radio with the likes of Sirius installed.
                  Forgiven

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

iTunes is a doddle to use. For most folk.
                    Alan

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                      Forgiven

I too
                      Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                      iTunes is a doddle to use. For most folk.
                      For most folk, probably, I think you are right.
                      I did follow your advice/link and yeah it does work( may have had a bit of help from the more iTunes proficient in the house, the kids.
                      The version of iTunes I have will let me convert to mp3 but it also leaves the original mp4a version too.

I was really looking for a way around this.
                      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

dBpoweramp. IIRC, there is an option to delete the source file after use, leaving only the converted file.
                        Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

You can simply choose by source/type and delete unwanted files.
                          Alan

Comment

Working...
                          X