Timer Control Valve. Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timer Control Valve. Help!

Having probs with my '93 2.4 diesel. Having obtained the fault code it is reading 12 which is the Timer Control Valve (Pump). I have recently had the pump replaced and I am assured that the timing is correct. The strange thing is that it runs a treat for about 40 minutes (give or take) then it starts to clatter and the engine check light comes on. If I turn it off for a few minutes it all seems to clear and off I go again until it clatters again.

If the timings out surely it would be out all of the time. If its not the timing what on earth is it?
    Bob

Too Old To Be Unruly!

'93 SSR X

is it a second hand pump?
    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Were the fuel pipes re-fitted in the correct order?

ps. number one is nearest the rad.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by slim
        is it a second hand pump?
        No it was new. Not sure about the pipes though, have to go and have a look.
        Bob

Too Old To Be Unruly!

'93 SSR X

Comment

Originally posted by Big Leggy
          No it was new. Not sure about the pipes though, have to go and have a look.
          the reason why i ask is because i know sombody who bought a new one for a transit and he fitted it but couldnt get it to rev for to long!
          turned out that it hadnt been set up correctly apparently there was a little tuning screw on it that needed adjusting to set it up correctly..

just a thought thats all!
          CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Well, success (he says cautously) After having checked everything as suggested, I could stil find no answer. I then trawled both this and the aussie site and pulled up anything that looked similar. I eventually started to think that it was fuel starvation. I went and released my fuel filler cap and there was a sharp intake of air. Clearly there was a vacuum forming in the tank. Have driven it around with the cap put back loosely and the problem seems to have disappeared
            Bob

Too Old To Be Unruly!

'93 SSR X

Comment

Working...
            X