Help required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help required

I asked the question few months back and tried my best to solve the problem with no joy. I have a hilux surf 2.4 td I bought it with a cracked head so I got a brand new complete head with gaskets and swapped it over it ran like a bag of bolts ( missing and smoking ) since then I had injectors checked and fitted with new denso nossels so injectors are good the timing is on the marks and the heater plugs do there job but on starting it this afternoon it still runs lumpy and smokes like grey smoke and now it has a heavy knocking noise please please help or if there is anyone in north of scotland who is an expert with these things get it going and I'll £££ you thanks

Originally posted by Momos View Post
    I asked the question few months back and tried my best to solve the problem with no joy. I have a hilux surf 2.4 td I bought it with a cracked head so I got a brand new complete head with gaskets and swapped it over it ran like a bag of bolts ( missing and smoking ) since then I had injectors checked and fitted with new denso nossels so injectors are good the timing is on the marks and the heater plugs do there job but on starting it this afternoon it still runs lumpy and smokes like grey smoke and now it has a heavy knocking noise please please help or if there is anyone in north of scotland who is an expert with these things get it going and I'll £££ you thanks
    Hi, was it running like that before you replaced the head? Coz maybe there were other issues.
    Doing a head change in my opinion is no piece of cake, contrary to what you might read on here. Lots of bits and pieces...maybe take the head off again and start from scratch, or get someone to do it for you?
    Good luck

Comment

Re:

Hello Sounds like its a problem from the injector pump. Have it removed and checked because 99% the blades are a bit stuck so when you give throttle it will smoke white or grey.

And check exactly that the timing of the diesel pump is correctly from the side because there is another mark at the side. Make sure its in the middle.

Regards

Clinton

Comment

It was running ok before head change I'll need to check pump timing and set it up again see how that goes could it be the pump itself

Comment

I'll get pump checked thanks for reply

Comment

Has anyone got a pic of where the diesel pump should be set to is there marks on it

Comment

The marks can be seen in the third photo up from the bottom in this link http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/fuelpump.htm
              They're on the side of the case, viewable through the passenger side wheel arch with a torch

Comment

I checked the pump marks and they are correct so I have no idea wot can be causing it to run lumpy and smoke and make that heavy cracking noise

Comment

Tried setting timing again made no difference I am completely stuck

Comment

Hi, just a thought but check your block sensor is still connected and still working.When my head went it also cooked the sensor.Might not be the problem but worth a check, hope you get it sorted

Comment

Where is the block sensor

Comment

Hi, it's just above the starter motor, bit of a bugger to get to,few wires in the way but it is possible. I've got a body lift on mine, made the sensor more accessible, just have afeel around between the inlet manifold and starter motor, you should be able to feel it in the block. Do a search on here you should be able to find a picture. Good luck ...

Comment

Here you go, it's number 3 your looking for..
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X