Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wont go into low range

Hi all,

I have a gen2 3.0ltr auto. 4wd works off the button, but when trying to move into low range, stopped and in neutral of course, all i get is a gears mashing together grinding noise. Also when putting it back into high after that it goes in with a thunk..! Any ideas..?

cheers all

Have you done a body lift as that can cause the lever to foul on the floor.
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

no, its standard.

Comment

the attached is the wiring for the 4wd system for autobox. when you move the gear leaver from high to low (you are in H2) do you hear a relay click etc? if not there is no power for the relays and the movement of shifters etc. does the 4wd green light come on?

if all the electrics are OK then it is probably a mechanic fault it maybe best to get a new transfer box?

do you go offroading? have you used it hard when off roading? have you checked it for oil?
        Attached Files
        http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

I shall have a look at the electrical side first. Thanks for the diagram. No hard off road use at all. It's my daily drive so have to look after it. Hopefully not the trans box though, fingers crossed.

No 4wd light on so guess that may have something to do with it

Comment

so, today, while sat on the drive with the car turned off i thought i would try and see if it would slip into low box. Went in nicely. Thought i would have a go starting it and waited for the awful noise. Fired up without a sound. Now goes nicely into low box and the 4wd light comes on as well. Maybe it was a bit seized up from lack of use. Anyhoo, it's working now

Comment

bonus. a happy ending.

Comment

Working...
              X