Help door wont lock!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help door wont lock!

just went to lock my doors and noticed passenger door didnt lock, tried the key in the passenger door nothing happened, when trying the key in drivers door it attempted to lock but failed, ive tried pushing the button down but it wont physically go down so not sure whats going on, when i use the door lock button on the drivers door i can see it trying to go down and lock but never quite makes it, any clues out there anyone experienced this before. All suggestions and advice more than welcome dont want to give the thieving scum a helping hand
    cheers.
    Last edited by llcool dave; 13 September 2007, 16:20.

Could be just a sticking mechanism. Give it a squirt with WD40.
    open the rear doors, lock the fronts then lock the rears and then close them.

Comment

ok cheers Vince will give it a try.

Comment

Not sure about gen3's but on my 2nd gen passanger doors won't lock unless the rear window is all the way up ( found this out yesterday when the MOT tester partially opened the rear windo while looking for the fog light switch. Doh.)

Simon

Comment

could be one of the rods inside the door thats come out of its plastic clip
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

thanks richard was startin to think that myself, if its wedged it would explain why the button wont work will check it out thanks

Comment

well the surf did that surftastic thing that it does and it just sorted itself out no idea what caused it but to be honest dont care now its working its a great car just likes to keep me on my toes thanks for all the advice lads.

Comment

I'd still have a look cause when the FROST hits you'll have more problems
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

yeah your right will get the door card off at the weekend and check it out just glad its locking.

Comment

Originally posted by llcool dave
                    yeah your right will get the door card off at the weekend and check it out just glad its locking.
                    GOOD MAN!
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

it was most proberly due to one of the doors not quite closed properly, happens to mine quite often, tis bl00dy annoying
                      Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Working...
                      X