rear tailgate lock not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear tailgate lock not working

hello people,ive got a ln130 2.4 and the tailgate lock that makes the window go up and down has stopped working.ive tested the plug at lock end and theres 12v at the swivel bit that the lock moves so it cant be that.ive even tried bridging the plug to mimick the lock but window does nothing.has anyone come across this problem or am i just being thick?any help would be wicked.
    Last edited by solberg1; 8 March 2009, 19:59.

Hi buddy, silly but have you checked the window lock is not on , drivers arm rest ? Just a thought .

Chris
    GOT NO COWBOYS HERE?

Comment

Might also be that the motor has died, or its cables have snaped. Can you raise/lower the window from the switch inside?
      Andy
      http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

Originally posted by adpsimpson View Post
        Might also be that the motor has died, or its cables have snaped. Can you raise/lower the window from the switch inside?
        hi yer just fitted new recon unit that i got from lord lucon on here.the lock packed up before the motor went.defo aint the window switch/lock and aint wires to the lock as theres a 12v suply to it.

Comment

should there not be +12V to both sides of the lock, and depending which way you turn it which one is given earth to complete that circuit? Could be wrong, but i know you give earth to one wire out of the relay box to raise the rear window, and to another to lower it.
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
            should there not be +12V to both sides of the lock, and depending which way you turn it which one is given earth to complete that circuit? Could be wrong, but i know you give earth to one wire out of the relay box to raise the rear window, and to another to lower it.
            yer thats right,i get 12v one side and 8.6 the other.tried bridging the wires and the motor should go up or down if chayounge the polaraty.nufing happens?im stumped unless the relay is buggering about.
            Last edited by solberg1; 10 March 2009, 20:46.

Comment

if you're bridging the two positives together nothing will happen, short one wire to earth and the motor should go one way, the other wire to earth and the motor should go the other way.
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

if you're bridging the two positives together nothing will happen, short one wire to earth and the motor should go one way, the other wire to earth and the motor should go the other way.
                i mean im doing exactly what the key would do.and nothing happens.

Comment

if you take the key assembley apart theres a contact under the swivel that the key turns.the middle of it is pos and the two outside contacts are earth.so in theory if u cross either side then the motor should move.

Comment

strip a little wire off further back from the switch and short that to earth and see what happens, if it's still nothing the fault is before the lock, ie) wiring or relay box.

Originally posted by adpsimpson
                    Can you raise/lower the window from the switch inside?
                    =========
                    =SOLD UP!=
                    =========

Comment

strip a little wire off further back from the switch and short that to earth and see what happens, if it's still nothing the fault is before the lock, ie) wiring or relay box.
                      which switch?

Comment

(getting some popcorn ready...)

Asked before, but can you still lower/raise the window from inside? Make sure the window lock isn't on (ie passengers can lower/raise their own windows)
                        Andy
                        http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

hi yer i no it aint that!the window works from inside and all other windows work!

Comment

My rear window was playing up the other day. I just sprayed some wd40 on the key to lubricate the lock and it all works fine now. Worth a try !

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
                              My rear window was playing up the other day. I just sprayed some wd40 on the key to lubricate the lock and it all works fine now. Worth a try !
                              thanks for the info but the lock itself only moves the switch.and that isnt the problem.thanks any way.

Comment

Working...
                              X