2.4 ECU - Auto & Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.4 ECU - Auto & Manual

Hi, someone broke into my Surf and stole the ECU. It's a 2L-TE auto. I got an ECU (and window) from a scrap yard and it appeared to work fine around town and had the correct 16-26-12 connectors on it. However, when you put your foot down, to get it to change down a gear for overtaking, it no longer kicks down. It changes up and you lose power! I've read through a lot of threads and it looks like there are different ECUs for auto and manual transmissions. My new ECU has written on it, in big letters, "M/T" so I guess it is for a manual? Can anyone confirm that this is for a manual transmission and that an auto ECU will have "A/T" on it? Is there anything I can do with the ECU I have now?

I'd really appreaciate your help, it's been a right nightmare having the ECU stolen and not knowing any part/model/version numbers to try and source the correct unit from the scrap yards.

Thanks,

Steve

Hilux Surf 2.4 2L-TE Auto SSR-X 1992 import.
    LN130
    A343F G144
    Alarmed to the hilt (now)

Hi

Sorry I can't help eith your present ecu.

I do have an ecu from a 2.4 td auto 1993 car.If you get stuck by all means send me a e-mail for prie etc. saj.mahmood@virgin.net
    [IMG][URL=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a167/s

Comment

ecu

Originally posted by saatman
      Hi, someone broke into my Surf and stole the ECU. It's a 2L-TE auto. I got an ECU (and window) from a scrap yard and it appeared to work fine around town and had the correct 16-26-12 connectors on it. However, when you put your foot down, to get it to change down a gear for overtaking, it no longer kicks down. It changes up and you lose power! I've read through a lot of threads and it looks like there are different ECUs for auto and manual transmissions. My new ECU has written on it, in big letters, "M/T" so I guess it is for a manual? Can anyone confirm that this is for a manual transmission and that an auto ECU will have "A/T" on it? Is there anything I can do with the ECU I have now?

I'd really appreaciate your help, it's been a right nightmare having the ECU stolen and not knowing any part/model/version numbers to try and source the correct unit from the scrap yards.

Thanks,

Steve

Hilux Surf 2.4 2L-TE Auto SSR-X 1992 import.
      LN130
      A343F G144
      Alarmed to the hilt (now)

Steve, yes the auto ecu has got A/T written on it , strangely enough the auto ecu works perfectly ok in the manual.
      Cheers Steve.

Comment

Could anyone confirm that a manual ECU in an auto will appear to work okay until you try to get the gearbox to "kick down" for overtaking etc.

Comment

Saatman yes;engine will run normally, the ect wont work properly/at all,
          g/box is working on oil pressure alone,
          has your surf got the idle up button?
          if it 's not I may be able to help you,
          got an ECU for 2L-TE A/T will let you know the numbers later;
          cheers, wrench

Comment

Originally posted by wrench
            Saatman yes;engine will run normally, the ect wont work properly/at all,
            g/box is working on oil pressure alone,
            has your surf got the idle up button?
            if it 's not I may be able to help you,
            got an ECU for 2L-TE A/T will let you know the numbers later;
            cheers, wrench
            Thanks Wrench. It has got an idle up button. This is turning out to be a nightmare. I'm a little stuck on the numbers as mine as stolen!

Comment

ecu

Dont worry too much, so long as it has the same connections, a similar part number to the m/t one that you've got, and it says a/t you should be ok.
              Cheers Steve.

Comment

ecu

Wrench, can you please let me know the numbers on your ECU. Although I have an Idle up button, if it's the only thing that doesn't work, I'll be happy.

Comment

Saatman

sorry for the delay in replying but hospital and unreliable friends got in the way; have you got one yet? here are numbers on this one, if you're still in need.
                  2L-TE A/T
                  toyota
                  89661-35490
                  175800-1012 12v
                  denso
                  26p 16p 12p
                  post reply or pm me if you need to discuss,
                  cheers wrench

Comment

Ecu

Hi Wrench,

very interested. Can you email me on