6 point ring spanners - who makes 'em ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Andy,

I've seen mini Britool 6mm/8mm combos but never full size spanners.. Will keep searching.

Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
      Those won't be as good as the Snap-On ones. One Snap-On costs almost as much as that full set. You get what you pay for.
      Usually I'd agree but with this situation it's about having a 6 point profile rather than a 12 point one. I'd imagine that a rusty nut will give long before the sealey or snap on spanner do. I'd argue that a £2 ebay special 6 point ring spanner (if it existed) would win over a 12 point snap on bling spanner..

Comment

I only buy Snap on however we have been getting the Mac Tool van around recently, they are cheaper than Snap on and still come with a life time Guarantee.....................
        If at first you don't succeed.........give up.

Comment

iam a spanner i dun know what size i am tho

draper pro is just the same has strap on only strap on make you beleave its better than the rest
          falcon tools are the best but cost the earth
          draper do the six piont spanner but get draper pro they are very good for the money
          my set i have hit with hummers used pri bars on em

snap on are only good coz they come with a life time garantee
          but they wont sort my knife out tho coz its over 20 years old and its disscontinued
          so work that out
          ohh yes pay though the nose for snap on then 20 years later they aint bothered
          better off saving ya money trust me
          not many things ya buy spanner wise is ever going to be sent back
          now is it
          if you want the dogs dangles get falcon
          if you want just has good has snap on
          get draper pro
          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

My dad has got a fantastic set of spanners like the ones you're after (I think). Next time I'm over there I'll have a look at the maker's name.

Comment

I started buying tools when I was about 12 - stuff from Woolies or market stalls made in China or India - all rubbish of course and all long in the bin!
              Over the last 40 years of experimenting I have decided the Facom tools make the best balance between quality and price. (Snap-On quality at a better and often discounted price). When something breaks or wears out, I replace with Facom if possible. Yet to break anything but have worn out a few crosshead screwdrivers.
              Try Facom for your spanners - ebay sellers often have them with money off.

Don't discount Facom 12 point rings. They are accurately made (unlike cheaper stuff) and much less likely to slip.

Comment

hi rob only ever found them in ratchet spanners , for the simple reason they will not work in confined spaces http://www.lasertools.co.uk/item.aspx?cat=132&item=1573
                JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
                  My dad has got a fantastic set of spanners like the ones you're after (I think). Next time I'm over there I'll have a look at the maker's name.

Thankyou kindly Rustinho.

Thanks to everyone for their input.

Regarding all the other brands mentioned I have stuff by most except Facom. I mainly buy Britool stuff to replace anything that gets broken / lost. I have 1 Snap On spanner and one small 1/4" ratchet by them. I have found that most brands 'Pro' range seem to be of similar good quality so I don't worry about brand names that much. I do stay away from Draper as I've had a couple of 19mm sockets and a 24" breaker bar break.

Lordy Lucan they look good will have a look on ebay to see what sort of money they go for.

Cheers,

Rob.

Comment

these what you after??

search online for metrinch sockets and spanners
                    Attached Files
                    Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/displayPro...-2072-00001000

This is what you need for rounded, I have some of these and the sockets.
                      Alan got them 20years ago and they are still searched for regular, very handy.
                      Brian

Comment

Britool is Facom - same company. Same quality standard as well, I expect.

Comment

Originally posted by markp2 View Post
                          Britool is Facom - same company. Same quality standard as well, I expect.
                          As is Stanley, but the 3 brands are distinct within the merged group.

IMHO, Facom are better than Britool who are better than Stanley (for automotive tools).
                          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Thanks to Jakey and Yoshie - am off to look at prices. Only thing that worries me is that they say the same tool fits metric and imperial. Must be a compromise there ?

Cheers,
                            Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
                              Thanks to Jakey and Yoshie - am off to look at prices. Only thing that worries me is that they say the same tool fits metric and imperial. Must be a compromise there ?

Cheers,
                              Rob.
                              There isn't mate the design means they are perfect on both
                              Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                                There isn't mate the design means they are perfect on both
                                Nice! Worked out the imperial sizes and there is very little in it, Have just ordered a 10, 12, 14 and 17 from Farnell.

Thanks for all the help people.

Rob.

Comment

Working...
                                X