Underseal gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underseal gun

Have bought an undersealing gun for my compressor . It's a Sealey one, and comes with a hose so you can insert it into the chassis rails and a container to put waxoyl in. I'm debating steam cleaning the chassis and underside (as it's only just come over from Japan, and is like new underneath) and spraying it with some matt black NATO paint before undersealing it, then waxoyling the whole thing . Trouble is the weather is too bad now . So I might just keep spraying it with oil underneath until the winter is over, and do it in the spring . I would kill for a pit to do the job though, but it looks like when I do it, I will have to put up with crawling around on the floor.

It would be nice to get it done before it's first UK winter and all that salting (had one frost already here in Warks). I'd consider getting a garage to do it if weather rules out a DIY job. There's a Jap import garage north of Oxford that has Waxoyled some Surf's on this forum.

Comment

failing a pit. lidl are doing a dirt cheap scooting under a surf trolly things you lay on.. what they called? anyway dirt cheap they are..
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

If your doing it yourself, my tip is wear some clothes that you're never going to want to wear again!

NATO paint? you gonna have a stealth chassis?

Comment

I did mine a few weeks ago.
          bought a gun and 4litres schutz from machine mart about £25 all in.
          found the schutz a little too thick so diluted with 1/3 white spirit.
          removed all door trims and tail gate trim and did inside them as well.
          really easy - the longest part was removing/refitting door trims.
          surf seems a lot quiter now.
          Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes
            bought a gun and 4litres schutz from machine mart about £25 all in.
            found the schutz a little too thick so diluted with 1/3 white spirit.
            removed all door trims and tail gate trim and did inside them as well.
            really easy - the longest part was removing/refitting door trims.

I hope you didn't block the moisture drain holes in the doors

Comment

Make sure you protect your driveway when doing it as its a messy job , so do it on someone elses
              Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy W
                I hope you didn't block the moisture drain holes in the doors
                Top Tip!!!
                I know mine are clear because the still wet under seal dripped out all over my shiney side steps
                checked them later with a terminal driver - all ok!

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes

Hi,
                  Prolly because you didnt mask off carefully the speakers in each door....easily forgotten, UNTIL you switch on the I.C.E. next time...Have seen large number who needed new speakers over the years....This should be on a FAQ

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Uplander
                    Hi,
                    Prolly because you didnt mask off carefully the speakers in each door....easily forgotten, UNTIL you switch on the I.C.E. next time...Have seen large number who needed new speakers over the years....This should be on a FAQ

Peter
                    Door speakers.....?

Ooops.

Comment

Originally posted by Uplander
                      Hi,

Peter
                      Mine doesn't have door speakers, my speakers are in the lower part of the dash.
                      I feel left out now!!

Comment

Thanks for all the tips. Going to buy a chemical suit, the paper ones you use for herbiside spraying. Wear some old clothes and have some plastic sheeting somewhere that I can put down. I will mask the truck up so that it doesn't get on the paintwork. Then let the games begin.

Comment

Maybe I've picked you up wrong, but I wouldn't want oil sprayed on the underside of my surf.

Comment

Originally posted by Cmar
                            Maybe I've picked you up wrong, but I wouldn't want oil sprayed on the underside of my surf.

I believe it stops rust
                            Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                              Thanks for all the tips. Going to buy a chemical suit, the paper ones you use for herbiside spraying. Wear some old clothes and have some plastic sheeting somewhere that I can put down. I will mask the truck up so that it doesn't get on the paintwork. Then let the games begin.

Also, if you have a full head of hair, or any facial hair, you might want to cover that as well.

Maybe someone could come up with a drive through tank that completely covers the underside of the truck, it would be a lot less mess and quicker!
                              Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 11 November 2005, 12:20.

Comment

Working...
                              X