Fuel tank relocation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel tank relocation?

im wanting to move my fuel tank, why you ask? well it sits ###### low!!! was wondering if anyone had used a fuel tank off a different vehicle and fitted in a different place. where abouts do the pick ups position theirs? dont mind if i end up with a smaller tank as was considering having my spare tank cut and made shallower. the reason behind this is im worried when i go off road that it will catch big time on a rock. i know i can make a stronger guard but my thinking is if i get the bottom of the tank further away from the floor then make a sturdy guard is better. hope someone out there has done it and dont just get repies saying i should lift the truck more than the 2 inches i have done. no matter how much you lift a surf the tank is still a low point in the centre of truck compared to things like the side steps etc.

If I didn't have an underslung spare I would have relocated the tank under floor at the back.

Comment

I fitted a land rover 110 tank where the spare was if it's any help, was gonna be my veg oil tank till the price shot up

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36706
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

mate, ya would be hard pressed to damage that tank. the guard on it it strong enuf, and the chances of it getting stuck are slim. wouldnt worry to much if i was you

Comment

Working...
        X