Dipstick measurements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dipstick measurements

Hi, I have a 1994 3.0 surf but I'm not 100% convinced that it has the correct dipstick at the moment. Can anybody let me know the measurements of a genuine dipstick for this model? Thanks

Maybe this will help:
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/archive/i...p/t-61824.html

It is for a KZN185, but as a 3 litre, it probably is the same, but don't quote me.

Comment

Hmm, Curiouser and curiouser.... Just measured the dipstick on my 1993 KZN130, 3 Litre and this is what I found (using the same calculations as in the previous:
      Overall length including ring pull is 665mm
      From where the stick sits flush to tip of the stick is 590mm
      From where the stick sits flush to full mark is 557mm
      From where the stick sits flush to low mark is 578mm

"From where the stick sits flush" I presume to be at the bottom side of the fat washer thing that sits flush when the stick is inserted. I don't know why my figures are different to those others, but if you know your own overall stick measurement you can work it out.

Comment

Thanks everyone, that's a great help.
        Yorta2, my measurements match yours exactly so hopefully we've both got the correct ones and not both got the same wrong one!

Comment

The dipstick in my Surf is 5 ft 10` oh wait a minute, thats not what youre meaning is it.
          Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Fankiemuzza View Post
            Thanks everyone, that's a great help.
            Yorta2, my measurements match yours exactly so hopefully we've both got the correct ones and not both got the same wrong one!
            I doubt mine is incorrect. I have had the car for about 12 years without a hassle and have maintained the oil system (and everything else) all that time.

Comment

If it's not to much hassle Yorta, would you be able to post a picture of your engine bay. My dipstick is on the left hand side whereas all pictures I can find of the same model it is on the right. I'm so confused!

Comment

Working...
              X