Top end rattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top end rattle

Just fitted an AMC head and it sounds noisey until the oil circulates. It seems to take a lot longer to circulate than before. Is this normal or do I have other problems? Or do I run thinner/thicker oil?
    GRAVITY IS A MYTH THE EARTH SUCKS!!!

Originally posted by marcdtr View Post
    Just fitted an AMC head and it sounds noisey until the oil circulates. It seems to take a lot longer to circulate than before. Is this normal or do I have other problems? Or do I run thinner/thicker oil?
    Hi Marc, I didn't realize ya hadn't finished ya replacement head ....
    What oil ya running ? Mineral, Semi Synthetic or Fully Synthetic, there are threads on here somewhere about what other type n viscosity ...
    If ya want me to pop round n have a gander, give us a bell ..

15+ Years of Surfs .. n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !! So I got another ..
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
      Hi Marc, I didn't realize ya hadn't finished ya replacement head ....
      What oil ya running ? Mineral, Semi Synthetic or Fully Synthetic, there are threads on here somewhere about what other type n viscosity ...
      If ya want me to pop round n have a gander, give us a bell ..

15+ Years of Surfs .. n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !! So I got another ..
      Hi Jess I'm running the semi from the RT service pack I'm all good and on the road now after in and out of hospital with the back. I've only done 250 miles so might need running in some more. I was gonna do an oil change at 500 and see how it goes. Just wondering should I throw a bit more cash at the oil and get better?
      GRAVITY IS A MYTH THE EARTH SUCKS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by marcdtr View Post
        Hi Jess I'm running the semi from the RT service pack I'm all good and on the road now after in and out of hospital with the back. I've only done 250 miles so might need running in some more. I was gonna do an oil change at 500 and see how it goes. Just wondering should I throw a bit more cash at the oil and get better?
        it might just be the injectors are working properly, a good diesel engine is supposed to "rattle"
        SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Working...
        X