Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling Hilux Want to Buy a Toyota Surf

Hello All,

Firstly, would like to apologize that I am not in UK but sitting in Pakistan. But because the vehicles we get here are mostly the same (as far as I know) I thought this site might be of help to me as I would like to buy a Surf in the near future.

At the moment we have a 2006 Hilux 2.5 D4D (pickup). The vehicle has a very hard ride, is under powered at only 75kW(we live in the mountains), and is very dangerous to drive on wet/slippery roads. Also we would like a vehicle which is covered on the back. For these reasons we are considering a Toyota SURF.

My budget allows for a used Surf from 2004 and older. Don't want to buy anything older than 1999 though, so 1999-2004. (KDN215 and KZN185 models.)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do people think? Is the ride of the Surf better?
    Is Surf easier to drive on wet roads?
    Do all Surfs have a central diff?

What engines types are available in the years 1999 and 2004. What is the recommended engine which has good power and fairly good fuel consumption too. Don't want something too thirsty.
    My research shows that the KDN215 has a 3.0L (1KZ-TE), 3.0L (1KD-FTV) and also 2.7L (2TR-FE) engine. Are there other engines available? Any comments suggestions?

Lastly, what are the trims\models available. I have heard of SSR-G and SSR-X so far. Any others?
Working...
X