2.4 to a 2.4 turbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.4 to a 2.4 turbo?

I just got a diesel 2.4 non turbo engine for my hilux, been looking at the turbo diesel 2.4 and they look the same.
    Is it posible to put a turbo on to the non turbo engine?

Just need the power for my big wheels 35" - 38".

thankx

Not sure about Toys in general, but most times a turbo motor will run different pistons with less initial compression to a non-turbo motor. putting a turbo on a stock non-turbo motor will probably blow the head off!!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Ah well im not up to blowing my engine up just yet, well not with how much they cost.

Comment

I've heard of the Aussie guys fitting a Turbo (CT20 like the Turbo Surf) to a 3L engine (the 2.8 non turbo engine) with not a lot of modifications. The head is the same unit. You may want to fit pistons from a turbo surf, but the bottom end is the same.

So in theory it should work, I think the compression is the same on the 2.4 non turbo to the 2.4 turbo. You would need to make sure that you have a 2L engine, swap over the inlet and exhaust manifolds, the front exhaust pipe, the inlet tract and a whole load of piping. Your best bet would be to find a complet scrap 2.4TD Surf and rip the guts out of it.

Fitting a turbo is not a small job because of all the stuff that goes with it.

Cheers

Comment

not sure on toyo but peugeots i work on turbo engine to non turbo engine look same but differnt injectors fuel pump and compression ratios bit more converting to fit than i think it would be worth
          I,LL GO FIRST NO PROB
          (i also juggle dynamite)

Comment

ah well nvm i'll leave it and get a nice V8 later in its life

sooner the better.
            Thank for all the replys

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
              ah well nvm i'll leave it and get a nice V8 later in its life
              Thats the spirit!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
              X