X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intercooler Install - Rotating Turbo

Pics arent from my truck but one the same:

Note: I dont have the bov.

I need to remove the rubber hose from the outlet from the turbo, and the metal thingy that says EFI Diesel Turbo, and place an intercooler directly above where the metal thingy isnt going to be. Once I have all of the stuff hooked up I will then worry about cutting in a hood scoop and mounting brackets.

The intercooler I have is slightly larger than the space and the intercooler outlet come out a little forward of where it needs to be. Ohh and also the intercooler is going to be a few inches higher.

For the intercooler inlet I have been told to have the compressor clocked 180degrees (rotate the turbo around i think) then install a 180 degree mandrel pipe to connect to the inlet on the intercooler. Would also need to add a size changer, since this would technically be an exhaust pipe should be easy enough. I havent figured out the exhaust yet, what does everyone think?

Originally posted by computingfuture
    For the intercooler inlet I have been told to have the compressor clocked 180degrees (rotate the turbo around i think) then install a 180 degree mandrel pipe to connect to the inlet on the intercooler.
    Is this possible???

Neville

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
      Is this possible???

Neville

apparently not. I now have a different intercooler.

Comment

Working...
      X