A question about the turbo....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about the turbo....

on my 2.4 TD I feel that the turbo is kicking in very low and have been meaning to ask you guys when your turbo light comes on? Mine kicks in at 2000 rpm so it seems to be on most of the time when I drive is there a way of changing the timing of your turbo or is it got to stay low?
    thanks again for the advice.

[COLOR=Blue]Cheers Kirky Ranger[/COLOR]

Its not really RPM related as such, as to how hard you press the throttle, wide open throttle settings under load will bring it up to pressure sooner that gentle accelleration.

You've got a lead foot!

But 2000 isn't that far out for accellerating, but mine used to go out while crusing steadily at about 65/70, unless you were going up hills.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

yeha at 60 ish you can get it to go out but at that speed also the car doesnt have much power in top so will spin up easily... thats why i prefer towing on the motorway al that extra weight pushes me along!
      basically though unless i drive extra lightly it will be on most of the time - around London I dont really find it practical to drive that slowly it doesnt come on, someone is bound to shout at/honk/sign language/stab me, lol.
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
      X