Turbo Light question....again!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo Light question....again!!

Hi y'all. Just got my first surf last week and everything seems to be going fine. Whilst searching this forum though i have seen lots of comments on turbo lights. I have never seen it light up on mine and i have driven the car at all speeds and accelerations.

I have a 92, ssr-x, 2.4 turbo diesel. Does this car have a turbo light? When is it supposed to come on? what can i do to test it? My friends have driven the car (they know lots aboot cars) and have said that it isnt gutless or anything, so i assume the turbo is working. Ive also looked for any unplugged hoses or pipes and everything seems ok!

Please help!!!
    [SIZE=4]Benjami

The Turbo light should light up along with a lot of others when ignition is switched to on position.If not the bulb could have blown or even been removed.

Neville

Comment

Turbo light

Ta for the hasty response Nev. It doesnt come on with the ignition as you said. Is it the word turbo or a symbol? Can you get to it easy to change it?
      [SIZE=4]Benjami

Comment

Check this link - http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/dash.htm

The Turbo and Engine Check light are in the face of Tacho.Turbo on left.

Neville

Comment

Different Gauges!!

Aha! thats why i cant see it..... because i dont have the turbo light or word on my rev counter, its obviously a different one! i just have the cam belt warning light. I will take the face of it off this afternoon and see if the original bulb is behind it anyway.

Thanks guys.
          [SIZE=4]Benjami

Comment

Originally posted by SurfBoy69
            Aha! thats why i cant see it..... because i dont have the turbo light or word on my rev counter, its obviously a different one! i just have the cam belt warning light. I will take the face of it off this afternoon and see if the original bulb is behind it anyway.

Thanks guys.
            Sometimes the clever people at the dealers fit a 3.0TD rev counter face, they don't have the turbo light. You should still have the right hand light, with a pic of a engine under it.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
            X