Algy's Auto good or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Algy's Auto good or not?

Just been given this link for algys autos.

http://www.algysautos.com/Pajero_LWB.html

They seem too good to be true. I do not know whether to trust them. The import scheme sounds very good but I'm not sure I would give 8k without seeing the car! Has anyone bought from Algy? Would love to get some advice on this. The prices seems good for an intercooler?
    Cheers
    Windsurfer

Look in the dealer section, or you could even do a search.

Comment

algys

Originally posted by andy
      Look in the dealer section, or you could even do a search.
      b4 i got my 3rd gen i looked into algys,the web site is good i emailed sveta a few times ,after i while they got grumpy,i only asked for more photos,the told me i should go and by a brand new one .at the end of the day when you are about to hand over 9,grand you want to have more than one photo to go off,all the cars on the web are not available .tried to telephone to speak directly and do a deal ,no joy,never an answer.personally the whole import thing is a bit of a rip off,once you add all the taxes ,import cost,sva hassle,is it really worth all the stress,buy from a dealer over here.
      im sure lots of people have dealt with algys successfully,but i was not convinced.
      hey just got a new 30 td surf all the gadgets 1997 metallic black niceeeeeeeeee

Comment

Bought mine from Algy's - picked it up a week ago yesterday.

I found them to be very helpful, even with continual idiot questions from me. They sent me, on request, a set of photos of the vehicle, showing just about all of it, including under the bonnet (14 pictures, IIRC).
        I didn't go through the import scheme, but bought direct off the website - 96 KZN185 SSRG, just under 30k miles, £9k less a fiver. Car is in excellent condition mechanically and cosmetically - I was very happy with the service, but as with anything, your mileage may vary!
        Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Cheesey website
          Stella Artois

Comment

Originally posted by jackster
            Cheesey website
            Yup
            Peter

Comment

Got my SSR-G 3 weeks ago from protec bristol most exelent 4x4.
              did you get an english manual for the over head gps? i got one in Japanies if so could you email or send a copy to me as i cant work out how to set it up lol.
              i know its a lot to ask .
              Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by mike c
                Got my SSR-G 3 weeks ago from protec bristol most exelent 4x4.
                did you get an english manual for the over head gps? i got one in Japanies if so could you email or send a copy to me as i cant work out how to set it up lol.
                i know its a lot to ask .
                Mike.
                'fraid not, Mike - I only have the Japanese version as well, and I don't read kanji at all!
                I will be getting manuals shortly (workshop and owners), but next month when I have some money again!
                Roughtrax have english translations for sale, as do a few others.

Regards
                Peter

Comment

Ok, thank it was worth a try, if i get a translation i will put it up for every one.
                  thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mike c
                    Ok, thank it was worth a try, if i get a translation i will put it up for every one.
                    thanks
                    Somebody posted photos of this last night - can't remember who, tho'
                    Peter

Comment

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=70057

Comment

If you'd have asked a year ago I'd have said yes, but after 3 good deals the 4th went sour. He left me high and dry, out of pocket and stuck with a lemon. So no, I wouldn't recommend him. Ok when it goes his way but too tight and narrow minded to admit a f$*k up!
                        Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

Working...
                        X