Power loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power loss

I have just driven my surf upto Exeter, bout 45 mins steady driving, noticed a bit of a power loss on some of the inclines. Wasn't too concerned till I got back home and now seem to have a tappety engine, could these problems be related? I was about to doa flush and oil change, I'm not too sure how much oil to get to refill and also what make/grade to get. I did a change before but cannot remember all the details for the life of me. All help much appreciated.

Have a look in "technical mechanical general" section for service info etc.

loss of power. Turbo green light working?

Engine oil level ok?

Coolant level ok?

Temperature ok?

Comment

Yes to all of the above which is why I was confused.

Comment

Ok I just checked the service info and realised that its a different oil for the gearbox, which I have never checked or changed. Any clue as to where the gb dipstick is? and where I go to top it up? thx in advance.

Comment

Auto box dip stick further behind engine d/stick nearer the bulkhead & has red handle. Top up with atf oil dexron 2 or3.

Auto box oil should be red when dipped, not a dark burnt colour.

Top up through the dip stick tube, it's a slow process.

Comment

Thx for your help matey

Comment

hey, how are you going with the power loss up hills? mines the same....
              4yrs and 2 surfs later...

Comment

they all lose power on hills its gravity

Comment

mine don,t
                  the old git

Comment

re: power loss

Can I ask if you have a solid plastic intake tube or silicone?

I had similar problem with silicone pipe from roughtrax, vacuum from the engine is so intense the silicone just crushed down at high revs and suffocated the airflow.

Comment

Having a similar problem with mine but a bit more serious. Mine barely made it up a hill then just about into a lay by where it stopped completely and would not restart until the next day.

Comment

Mine has solid plastic, except for the bendy bit.
                        Got recod injectors put in and that fixed the injector leak but now it's weak as #### until the turbo kicks in.
                        Maybe I need a new injector pump now too?
                        4yrs and 2 surfs later...

Comment

Sorry its taken so long to get to ppl. Been working away ect. Anyway I had about 1.5 cm of gunk in the filter, and I had a cooling system flush, new therm fitted and the cooling/heating problem is sorted. Alas I have now put the truck in for the mot only to find that the fuel pump is leaking. I had his problem a couple of years ago and it was the seals, this time no such luck. It is leaking from the pump and I cant seem to find anyone in this area that can fix it, I cant even find someone to fit a bloody recon one if I could find a recon 1 lol. ill just have to keep phoning round till I find someone to fix it but it looks like I may have to just get rid of the truck....absolutely gutted !!!

Comment

http://www.electro-diesel.co.uk/

Can't they help?

Comment

wow, thank you very much. I spent over an hour looking for someone local. you are a godsend matey.

Comment

Working...
                              X