No announcement yet.

hilux 1uzfe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its a 3.0l surf rad I bought off an Australian company on ebay.triple core including 16" thermo fan and fittings to my door for 260 euros or so.at the time the euro was alot stronger! Ha thanks mate,progress isnt bad I suppose. Im only getting to it for a day or 2 every week.... Its a pain really. Id like it to be done by now
    [B][FONT="Impact"]Cut my way in...weld my way out![/FONT][/B]

Comment

Got some more bits in the post today.countersunk head M8 bolts,braided clutch line and fitting..no fans tho Can both powersteering lines be ran using vacuum/fuel hose rather than running a steel line?i was contemplating cutting the pipes and flaring the ends just to accept a hose and hose clip?

Comment

Is the rad this Worley one?

I've been watching it for over a year and plan on it.

If it is: What's your thoughts on quality and is it deeper than the stock rad?

Comment

yea thats its.quality is pretty damn good.welds are top class.fitment holes are a bit off but i wasnt sure if it was down to the fact that i was fitting it in a pickup rather than a surf.il throw a measuring tape on it today and check its depth for ya

Comment

Magic

Comment

Originally posted by Paul ssrg View Post
              yea thats its.quality is pretty damn good.welds are top class.fitment holes are a bit off but i wasnt sure if it was down to the fact that i was fitting it in a pickup rather than a surf.il throw a measuring tape on it today and check its depth for ya
              Mine looks the same alloy rad as yours-came from Australia/china! Seems good quality, the only issue was the ports at the bottom for the ATM cooler pipes-they were short threaded tubes(threads on thin walled aluminium!) just stripped off. I got some thicker alloy barbed type bosses welded on instead.

Comment

Like Sylux, I've been watching that rad on eBay for ages! Good to hear people are generally happy with the quality though
                https://galooph.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sylux View Post
                  Is the rad this Worley one?

I've been watching it for over a year and plan on it.

If it is: What's your thoughts on quality and is it deeper than the stock rad?
                  the rad is 25 1/4" from top to bottom...fractionally less than a factory 2.4 hilux rad!

Comment

Tank is fitted and plumbed.rad is fully plumbed in and the long awaited fans arrived and are fitted!plenty of room for the two out front.all fuel lines are connected as are vacuum lines and power steering pipes. The exhaust needs to be finished and the manifolds need heat wrapping.in my haste to get the mounts made i fitted the engine without the clutch or pressure plate ,so as to make it easier to get everything lined up.much to my dismay i now have to remove the again and fit the clutch

walbro pump mounted on carisma/ls400 hybrid cradle

height adjustable

fuel and oil filter mounts

dual 9" fans

awaiting a fan switch

how i routed the exhaust....looks tight bit iv 10mm or so to spare.i plan on scalloping the pipe a touch for extra clearance

i got 2 400x150mm silencers for the rear,both are going to mount high up over the axle with a decent length tail pipe.
                    I also got a 76mm tube mandrel bent for an intake pipe....need some cheap black silicone jointers now.Ebay ones are a premium with shipping costs and the ever weaker Euro
                    loads of small bits to do still

Comment

Excellent leap forward once again

Did I ask you about your drive shafts? How are you tackling the need for longer rear and shorter front?

I've found a local drive shaft company but haven't made contact yet.

Comment

have you considered ceramic coating, instead heat wrap?
                        there is a crowd in cork that they do it, they represent Zircotec
                        the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Great build Paul, following with interest.
                          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Sylux View Post
                            Excellent leap forward once again

Did I ask you about your drive shafts? How are you tackling the need for longer rear and shorter front?

I've found a local drive shaft company but haven't made contact yet.
                            shaft lengths havent changed as the gearbox position hasnt changed at all!Budweiser the ceramic coating is a nice idea but the cost incurred will outweight the gains...it would be a different thing if they were fantastic looking mandrel bent equal length runner design
                            Thanks Yoshie

Comment

That's good! With the R151 I've come 30ish cm forward :/

Comment

Originally posted by Paul ssrg View Post
                                in my haste to get the mounts made i fitted the engine without the clutch or pressure plate ,so as to make it easier to get everything lined up.much to my dismay i now have to remove the again and fit the clutch
                                Ha! I so very nearly did the exact thing with my torque converter! I had to lift the engine a little, crawl under the engine that was hanging to fit it.
                                More Lift.
                                More Tyres.
                                More Engine.

Comment

Working...
                                X