yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to Surf's, please help, auto or manual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Surf's, please help, auto or manual?

I'm looking to buy a Surf and need some guidence, hopefully someone will be able to help.

I want to but a 3.0 litre diesel and I appear to have the option of auto or manual. When I trawl the internet nearly all the 3.0 diesels are auto but I've never had an auto and would prefer a manual model, so what's best? Most advice is to go for the auto 'dos the manual is too high revvin is this correct?

What's the mpg difference between the auto and the manual?

Please help, all advice appreciated.

Thanks

Gaz...

Are you going to off road with it, as i find a auto is better for that
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Mostly on road, a little off road but the BSA C15 is for off road, I need something to get it there :-)

Comment

Go for the auto. Once you get used to not having to use your left foot it is soooo easy to drive.
        Mike G

Comment

Is the manual lower geared than the auto?

Comment

Don't be afraid of the auto box, 10 minutes wth your left leg tucked under the seat and you will be wondering why all cars arn't auto.
            Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Gaz
              I'm looking to buy a Surf and need some guidence, hopefully someone will be able to help.

I want to but a 3.0 litre diesel and I appear to have the option of auto or manual. When I trawl the internet nearly all the 3.0 diesels are auto but I've never had an auto and would prefer a manual model, so what's best? Most advice is to go for the auto 'dos the manual is too high revvin is this correct?

What's the mpg difference between the auto and the manual?

Please help, all advice appreciated.

Thanks

Gaz...
              Go for the Auto, I luv it! (and I've driven manuals all my life) as for MPG the manual will do slightly better round town because there is no slippage from the torque converter (because the manual has a clutch) I am informed that a manual 1 will do about 30ish round town, which is much better than I get, but then my right boot is heavy!

Oh and made sure it's a burgandy one! they are much better motor
              Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Nah, go for a manual, if you can find one. There only saying all that 'cos they couldn't find a proper one! Just read up all the threads about ATs overheating etc. Never had a poblem with my manual, total control.
                Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Originally posted by TJG
                  Nah, go for a manual, if you can find one. There only saying all that 'cos they couldn't find a proper one! Just read up all the threads about ATs overheating etc. Never had a poblem with my manual, total control.
                  Ahem. Dual mass flywheel. Invincible?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF

Woo hoo! he shoots, he scores!

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                      Can't be that bad, I had to search to find out what dual mass flywheel was! Even it if is duff, sounds like a one fo cost when the clutch is being replaced and I'm not expecting that in the next couple of years (the last one on my Paj was still fine after 100k miles and a fair bit of towing)
                      Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Get a manual if you can, least you can change when you want and not when some Jap boffin thinks you should!!!

Auto boxes off road are only needed if you're taking on Icelandic glassiers and the like. I've had mine 3 years now and she is as sweet as very sweet thing!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Dawson
                          Get a manual if you can, least you can change when you want and not when some Jap boffin thinks you should!!!

Auto boxes off road are only needed if you're taking on Icelandic glassiers and the like. I've had mine 3 years now and she is as sweet as very sweet thing!

I'm sweet, a 70 year old lady said I was today.

Comment

If you spend any time at all driving on British roads, go for the auto. If I have to drive manual hire cars it gets so tiresome being in and out of gear all the time whilst you inch forward amongst the masses of snarled traffic.

Unless I ever buy something sporty again, I'd never buy another manual car.
                            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

my atf oil has never overheated
                              3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

Working...
                              X