No announcement yet.

How much have you spent on your truck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much have you spent on your truck?

Thought I'd start this thread to hopefully make myself feel better about the amount of money I've been pouring into the truck lately.

Initial purchase price, £980
    Parts, upgrades, tyres - £2120

(about £200 on labour, one hour to drill out and retap bast*** arb axel bracket bolts, an hour to remove fused pitman arm that snapped my own, quality Chinese puller, and half an hour for the mechanic to strip down the idler arm - which I was not happy about and did not authorise in the first place)

Should probably mention I've only had it since February.

I have also spent a fair bit over the years, Roughtrax and my local Toyota have done well out me...plus the cost of shipping the RT bits all the way down here...
    Suspension and steering parts have been the biggest cost for me as roads here are crap. If I add up all I've spent I could have probably bought a newer Hilux pick-up, but I find modern cars a bit boring...
    Also as I get older i want to drive the cars that were around when I was a kid: I've got my eyes on a 1985 60 series LC at the moment, 2H engine, 6 cyl diesel, 4 gears manual...I have got a Ramones cassette somewhere that would would be perfect for the LC's Dolby stereo!

Comment

Dunno but probably enough to buy a 3rd gen
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Not enough!
        Now that I've got two of them, I need to spend more to get them both where I want them

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
          Dunno but probably enough to buy a 3rd gen
          3rd gens just don't have the same utilitarian charm as the 2nd gen. Like tashtego says, I want to drive the cars I remember seeing as a kid. For me that is the 2nd gen!

Comment

Probably at least 5-6 times what it cost me!

Owen

Comment

about 1200 since january, tyres lift various odds and sods '96 gen 3 love it!
              Old enough to know better but then again.....

Comment

Originally posted by broseph View Post
                3rd gens just don't have the same utilitarian charm as the 2nd gen. Like tashtego says, I want to drive the cars I remember seeing as a kid. For me that is the 2nd gen!
                With you there mate, don't think I can name a new car that I would choose over a good condiction oldun, I always preferred the 2nd gen "look" a Vince V8 would just about top it off for me, however I saw this up for sale and would have beed sorely tempted to swop my old tractor for it but idealy have both, a 60 PA was my first car
                Attached Files
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

hahaha...hahaha

ha.

Not commenting.

(also stopped counting... but in my defence its been over 10 years)
                  More Lift.
                  More Tyres.
                  More Engine.

Comment

I started adding up the roughtrax receipts. Got bored after around 4k.

Shame about the government tax coming in. Might be good for scrap in a few years?
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                    X