should I choose a petrol Surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should I choose a petrol Surf

Hi guys, for one reason or another, which I won,t go in to I am having to change the 94 Surf sssr-g 3.0TD. I have been offered a 95 new shape body Surf ssr-x with a 2.7 petrol engine as a replacement. Is this a good deal or should I take my cash and shop around. An early response would be apprieciated as I am going to look at the vehicle tomorrow. Having had a Surf now for a couple of weeks I kinda like the idea of still having one. The wife is also happy with the Surf.

Regards
    Malcolm
    Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

Originally posted by Malenibo
    Hi guys, for one reason or another, which I won,t go in to I am having to change the 94 Surf sssr-g 3.0TD. I have been offered a 95 new shape body Surf ssr-x with a 2.7 petrol engine as a replacement. Is this a good deal or should I take my cash and shop around. An early response would be apprieciated as I am going to look at the vehicle tomorrow. Having had a Surf now for a couple of weeks I kinda like the idea of still having one. The wife is also happy with the Surf.

Regards
    Malcolm
    no stick with a diesel
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
      no stick with a diesel

yeah stay with the diesel
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Go petrol and LPG it.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Are there any known problems with the 2.7 petrol engined Surf's. What are they like on fuel?
          Malcolm
          Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
            Go petrol and LPG it.

Gordon Brown sneaked in a review of LPG duty in his last budget statement, so hang on a bit before converting .
            Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo
              Gordon Brown sneaked in a review of LPG duty in his last budget statement, so hang on a bit before converting .
              Steve.

I'd take your cash & shop around....buy the surf that you want ,not what someone is trying to palm off on you.
              Just ask yourself if thats what you would buy it if you had just started looking ???
              Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

Go petrol and LPG it.
                My B.I.L. has a 4.0ltr. petrol Jeep and is going to buy the LPG conversion, he reckons about 60/70% saving on mpg if he fiddles the gas source, ie: if its for heating theres mucho less tax? sounds good to me, but apparently they dont take to well to diesels ,,, sound right? (it is late)
                ...Woodie http://woodie.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/D...%20Surfsml.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by Woodie
                  My B.I.L. has a 4.0ltr. petrol Jeep and is going to buy the LPG conversion, he reckons about 60/70% saving on mpg if he fiddles the gas source, ie: if its for heating theres mucho less tax? sounds good to me, but apparently they dont take to well to diesels ,,, sound right? (it is late)
                  Diesels can use propane, they run it as well as deisel, as a mixture. Using less deisel and preplacing it with LPG lowers you fuel bill.

Could'nt possibly comment on not paying tax on your road fuel.

You won't save more than 50%, LPG is half the price of petrol, but LPG petrol motors produce slightly less MPG or power depending how you set them up. keep the same power as on petrol, and you lose more MPG, go for the MPG and lose a little power.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Diesels can use propane, they run it as well as deisel, as a mixture. Using less deisel and preplacing it with LPG lowers you fuel bill.

Could'nt possibly comment on not paying tax on your road fuel.

You won't save more than 50%, LPG is half the price of petrol, but LPG petrol motors produce slightly less MPG or power depending how you set them up. keep the same power as on petrol, and you lose more MPG, go for the MPG and lose a little power.

That very much depends on whether you've got vapour take-off or sequential injection. On mine I get about 2 MPG more on LPG than Petrol and there isn't really any noticable difference in power. Am due to get the LPG ECU re-mapped (my mate owns the Company which installed it and wants to play with it using some new software)

I think one of the best comments has been that would you buy it if it wasn't being thrust onto you???
                    NO WORRIES!
                    Rusty

Comment

Working...
                    X