HID headlight brainstormer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zem_41 View Post
    The bulbs have both halogen and xenon filaments plus the 3 pins with the halogen running off car power and xenon running off the ballast, I had both working if I swapped wires about just not when they all connected
    This is because the Surf, like most Japanese Domestic Market vehicles, is fitted with a switched ground lighting circuit. European vehicles use switched power systems. You can get around this by fitting an H4 Hi/Lo kit. These have an electro-magnet on the back of the bulb that moves a sliding shroud back and forth to give high or low beam.

If you stick with the kit you have, this may help: http://www.clickdesign.co.uk/supradu..._full_mod.html

It details how to use a relay to convert from switched ground to switched power.
    Last edited by Surfer Ross; 23 September 2011, 21:40.
    En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

Spot on nice 1
      ALL THE GEAR!............no idea!

Comment

I drove my newbie home on Friday and thought the standard lights were dismal. Rather than HID's, I went to Halfrauds and bought a pair of their ultra bright bulbs with Xenon gas. Fitted them yesterday and when I went for a trial run last night, didn't get flashed and (for only the second time ever) saw the deer in the middle of the road. Admittedly, I had to go to side lights to allow it to get off the road but mightily impressed with the difference.

Comment

Working...
        X