Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine mounts - torque settings

Guys,

can't find the engine mount torque settings in the 1KZ-TE engine manual that’s floating around. Anyone know what they are?

Also I think I'm getting too much engine movement. I can see the transmission housing move a lot too especially when you rev the engine. I am wondering if the excessive engine movement is also causing a squealing noise (like escaping hi pressure) when accelerating.

How much movement should you see? Where do you measure that?

Cheers
    Mart

......surf's up pal!

The t/case lever moves about 1/2" to the right on our 3.0 under load.

Tight would do, ther're either done up or not, try to lever the two halves of the motor mount apart, they can become unglued if abused over time.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      The t/case lever moves about 1/2" to the right on our 3.0 under load.

Tight would do, ther're either done up or not, try to lever the two halves of the motor mount apart, they can become unglued if abused over time.

Tony cheers for that. I tried a load test with brakes on and in drive. No excessive movement passed the free reving movement.

I'm still stuck with this noise. Have had a recon turbo, tested the turbo rubber collar, air filter, lapped the inlet manifold, checked lots of hoses and disconnected various diaphrams one at at time. Any suggestions ?

It only makes the noise over 2000rpm with throttle 1/4 open or more, hot or cold and at any speed or gear. Sounds like air escaping at hi rate squealing. It won't do it when reving the engine only.

Help please !
      Mart

......surf's up pal!

Comment

This maybe teaching my granmother....etc, but how about one of the fan belts, quite often these will only squeal when the engine is under load - who knows why.

Alternatively, exhaust manifold slight air leak either where the manifold meats the block or where the turbo mounts to it, or between the output of the turbo and the front pipe. It only needs to be slightly out of true or gasket just a little bit fubared and you will definately get that noise, I know cos mine did, 'twas a nut loose on one of the bolts bolting the turbo to the front pipe. I would think the problem will be no different on the 1KZTE to that on the 2LTE, turbo's just in a different place.

Comment

Working...
        X