starts fine ,no power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starts fine ,no power

Hi all, my surf starts fine, ticks over fine, no smoke no knocking but when you pull away it has no power won't go above 1500 revs and limps along at 10mph, it won't rev above this amount even when not moving, any ideas please.

Id be checking the throttle cable first, will it rev higher if you manually rev the lever from under the hood? (located to the right of the engine)

After that check that all vacuum hoses are connected properly.

Personally, it sounds like it could be sucking in too much air from somewhere, i had a similar problem with my Nissan 180sx at one point, not being able to rev high and had to drive it creeping along. One of the vacuum connections was too loose.
    4yrs and 2 surfs later...

Comment

Thanks for the reply, the throttle cable is ok and the revs stay the same when reving manually, had an rac bloke look at it, he squirted easy start in the air intake and it started to rev slightly higher then back as it was, he then scratched his head and said he can't help!, i will check the pipes.

Comment

check the fuel lines and filter as it sounds a bit like mine when the pickup pipe filter in the tank gets clogged pull the main fuel pipe from the filter housing and blow the pipe with compressed air but make sure you slacken the fuel cap or better still remove it
        I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tonupteabag View Post
          check the fuel lines and filter as it sounds a bit like mine when the pickup pipe filter in the tank gets clogged pull the main fuel pipe from the filter housing and blow the pipe with compressed air but make sure you slacken the fuel cap or better still remove it
          i agree
          NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

Comment

Thanks for the help, changed the fuel filter and blew the pipes, runs like a dream again.

Comment

Working...
            X